• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

The Filmmaker Commentary Series

Hello,

This is Rick from the Chicago "Really" Short Film Fest. I haven't been on the forum all that much since I was a judge in the last ITOOFC back in the late Spring early Summer. Congratulations to all the filmmakers that received in Award out of that. I hope to be a judge again in the future it was fun checking out all the films.

I'm here to introduce to you The Filmmaker Commentary Series . It's something we are running on our website where we will feature a film one week followed by an interview with the filmmaker of that film the following week. The films are presented in 640x480 resolution and the interviews have been videotaped when available, however, the video interview is a hefty download and so we have the interview on our site as just plain audio too.

You can download the films and the interviews with podcast client software such as iPodder, Yahoo, FireAnt, iPodderX, and iTunes. Infact we are currently a featured video podcast in iTunes. This link will take to our page in the iTunes directory. Maia Entertainment on iTunes

If you want to check out some really neat films that screened at the 2005 Chicago "Really" Short Film Fest and you also want to get a behind the scenes account at what went into making those films check us out. The featured film this week is Phudi Mart and comes to us from a Chicago based group known as Schadenfreude. www.maia-entertainment.com

You can also see the past films featured in the series and hear the past filmmaker interviews on this page here

We encourage our audience to participate by sending in feedback in the form of questions or comments to the filmmakers by using the contact us link on our website. If we get any feedback before the interview we will present that feedback to the filmmaker during the interview so that they can answer your questions right there and then.

I'll try and post some of the films from the series in the Screening Room. Hopefully you get a chance to check this out, and let us know what you think.

Thanks,
Rick

Back