View Full Version : emergency dvx question

spinner
10-17-2005, 04:48 AM
Help! I am in Seattle with a very cool death metal band called Suffocation shooting the first part of my doc. My dvx now, after using it for 5 days has a error that says external dv disconnect. I cannot record and I need this sucker to work or I might as well go home. Somebody tell me asap what this error is and how to fix it so Ican get on with my shoot! Damn! This is a pain... Will let you know how things are progressing asap... Spinner

coffee
10-17-2005, 07:25 AM
Did you read the manual & do some digging on Google? Or Panasonic's web site? I have a DVX and haven't seen that error..... Let me know is you figure it out.

CootDog
10-17-2005, 07:31 AM
When in doubt ask the Goog

from a PDF of the manual I found online:

EXTERNAL
DV DISCONNECT
This appears when EXT has been selected
as the setting for the DV CONTROL item
on the setting menu OTHER FUNCTIONS
screen, and shooting has been performed
without an external component connected
to the DV connector.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/tbuehler/video/DVX100_manual.pdf

WideShot
10-17-2005, 01:37 PM
Good luck Spinner :)

spinner
10-17-2005, 08:26 PM
fixed the problem with the camera, now if I can only get my mac to put me online. Wireless is a pain in the ass. I have not been able to get online at all with this mac. Not even with my internal modem. I don't know what I am doing wrong but I cant dwell on it. I am writing from a cyber cafe right now, and used someone elses connection to ask this question. Who knows when I will be back on the boards before Oct. 28.

...just so you know, Suffocation, the band I am traveling with, are the best bunch of heavy metal monsters you could ever hope to meet. Looking out for me, they are...

the website for this project is: www.voodoochildren.org. It should be up in a day or so I hope...

...if I can get online again, I will keep everyone posted...

--spinner :cool:

Boz Uriel
10-17-2005, 08:37 PM
Best of luck to you spinner! Let me know if you get back to the midwest during your tour.

Will Vincent
10-17-2005, 09:16 PM
Hey Spinner.. I'm gonna try to swing out to the Minneapolis show next week, if I have time (and money) Would be good to meet a fellow indietalker, and I can offer a hand if needed too.

spinner
10-18-2005, 11:32 PM
Hi! guys!

Boz, the Suffocation show in Detroit is on the 28th of this month.

Will, there is a show in Minneapolis on the 25th, McKenna IL on the 26th, Cleveland on the 27th.

Thanks for the well wishes. I need them! Tonight I am in Vancouver and I am preparing to drive to Prince George in a few hours so I need to go get some sleep now. However, look for my website which I hope to have up no later than thursday, but you can check tomorrow. the site is: www.voodoochildren.org.

must go sleepy... I'll give updates as I can and go to the site

--spinner :cool: