Award-Winning Composer available for projects

Hi everyone. This is my first post to indietalk.com - I'm really excited to have found this forum.

My name is JOHN KAEFER and I am a composer. I have written music for film, television, and radio, as well as orchestral, chamber, and solo works for the concert stage. I have won many awards for my music, including some from BMI, ASCAP, and American Academy of Arts and Letters.

I am looking for projects to score. No project is too small, and my fees are very reasonable. If you are under time constraints, I am fast worker. I'm also a friendly guy. Send me an email at [B]john@composerjohn.com[/B].

Visit www.composerjohn.com/indielinks.html for samples. If you'd like more, let me know.

I am a classically trained composer, and I'm currently finishing up my doctorate in composition at The Juilliard School (DMA 2006). I have worked on several exciting projects, including "In Pursuit Of Woody Allen" (Charles River Films) and the nationally syndicated children's television show "Wild About Animals" (Steve Rotfeld Productions), as well as many other films and shows for television and radio. I'm also a composer/advisor for DreamArtists Studios, a film and television music production house based in NYC. Future projects include scoring the feature film "Between The Walls" (Glowing Nose Productions), cues for "Starting Over" (NBC daytime), and scoring the short film "To Kill A Bore" (Sunah Schultz), among others.

My concert music has been performed throughout the world, including major orchestral premieres in Carnegie Hall and Lincoln Center in NYC and La Schola Cantorum in Paris. I've recently received commissions and/or performances by the Pacific Symphony Orchestra, the New York Youth Symphony, the Chamber Music Society of New Jersey, Les Amis Musicalles, the Haddonfield Symphony, the Chamber Symphony of New Jersey, the Summit Chorale, the Philharmonia Orchestra of Yale, the Manhattan School of Music Philharmonic Orchestra, the Eastman Percussion Ensemble, Studio Percussion Graz, and the Juilliard Orchestra, among numerous others. In addition to Juilliard, I've also received degrees from the Eastman School of Music (BM) and the Yale University School of Music (MM). Currently, I'm composing an orchestral work for The Haddonfield Symphony (sponsored by Subaru) to be premiered by Maestro Rossen Milanov in the spring of 2006. Please visit my website at [B]www.composerjohn.com[/B] for additional information. Please be patient - the site is currently being updated.

My studio is based around Logic Pro and Gigastudio 3.0 and is ready for scoring projects. I own thousands of wonderful samples, including the complete Vienna Symphonic Library. As an active composer in NYC, I also know many wonderful performers if live musicians are required. Additionally, as a composer for DreamArtists Studios, I have full access to all their resources, musicians, and industry connections.

Thanks! I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Very impressive resume there. I would suppose that your fee would more than my budget would allow.

BUT maybe one of my other projects that are in the works!

Thanks CootDog!

My fees are reasonable, and I'm very flexible with pricing. I am open to all interesting projects, so the fee isn't necessarily an issue. Try me out.

If you'd like to wait for a future project, no problem. Thanks for keeping me in mind!

JOHN KAEFER
john@composerjohn.com.

Thread merged. Please don't double post.

Welcome to Indietalk, Composerjohn! Yes, have to agree, really impressive resume. I'm sure there will be a number of members seeking your services. Have fun in the forums here!

edit: I just had a quick look at you site, among your many accomplishments, you scored a couple 'Wild about animals' shows, cool! How'd your residency at Yaddo go? I was thinking of appyling for that (only in visual arts)

Last edited:
hey Bird - thanks for the post!

I LOVED Yaddo! I've been a guest a couple times in the last five years. The most memorable visit was in the summer of 2000. I lived in the main mansion in an amazing room with real Tiffany windows and vaulted ceilings. I had a separate studio cottage in the woods, with ten windows overlooking a small lake. I composed and orchestrated an orchestral work called FRACTURE in two weeks (which was performed later that year by the Yale Philharmonia), and also started several other projects. Ned Rorem and David Del Tredici (both Pulitzer-Prize winners) were there, as were other cool poets/authors and visual artists. I HIGHLY recommend applying.

Here's a picture of the group from 2000 - I'm in the back row on the right (red shirt); Rorem is in front row with white shirt and Del Tredici is showing off his pinky finger in the second row. The picture was taken on the back patio of the mansion.

groupyaddo.jpeg

The "Wild About Animals" show was fun to score. I've known one of the producers for a while, and he asked me if I'd be willing to write some music for a couple episodes. I most recently scored the "Moholoholo" and "Sea of Cortez" episodes. If you're in the NYC area, it shows on FOX at 7:30am on Saturday mornings.

Thanks again for your post.

Sounds like a wonderful, and productive time at Yaddo! (cool pic) Were Mr.'s Rorem and Del Tredici there as mentors?

I do catch 'Wild about Animals' every now and then, I'll have to keep an eye out for the two episodes you've referred to.

:cool:

Back