New here..excited about talking about indie film!

Hello everyone,

I've been poking around the site getting used to everything and now wanted to introduce myself. My name is Christopher C. Murphy and I'm a filmmaker. If there are any Boston area filmmakers on here...give me a shout!

Can't wait to participate here - I'm in development on a Christmas movie. Currently, I'm writing the screenplay.

Thanks for having me aboard and my friends call me Murph! :D

Last edited:
Hey Chris,
I'm 'the new guy' as well. Just signed up yesterday. I just started to get into film, saved up lots of money and sold my left nut to get myself a decent camera (Panasonic AGDVX100a... and no, I didn't really sell my left nut.)
Wasn't really much of a movie buff until I took a video class where we made short films and stuff.
So far, this place has done nothing but give me more inspiration and motivation to do my thing. So I'm definately glad I stumbled on to this forum.

I have a couple crappy music videos I would like to share and have people 'critique' and/or bash, but I need to find a good free host. Anyone know of any?

Hey, Murph. I love New England, especially this time of year.

Come on down to Texas, pard. Love to have you visit and show you real TEx-Mex food and honest-to God great barbeque worth shipping 2,000 miles.

WC

Hey guys, I got some great news! Yesterday, while at a New Hampshire Film festival I worked my way onto a major feature film! I'll be on set for 3 weeks on a new major budget film called, "Sensation of Sight". It stars David Strathairn from the new film "Good Night, and Good Luck". It's going to be great because they're shooting it in New Hampshire.

I'm excited because it looks like a great story! I'll try to drop in and give updates, but I'll only have Sunday's off starting next week. :) :) :)

Way to go, Murph. Working on the set is the best education you can get. What postion are you working? I remember working as a PA and being able, at times, to watch the Director and actors work and see how good prodcution works, and how poor planning results in real screw-ups. I also recall being told "get back to work" instead of getting the education, but those were great times.

Best of luck. Enjoy.

WC

I've worked in television and video production for 12 years, but this is my first feature film. I've done feature film acting work (extra), but nothing production wise. It's going to be awesome. I'm suppose to PA, but right now it's 2 PA's and their looking for a 3rd. If they don't get one it'll be pretty crazy.

Welcome Murph! We need more Christmas movies. It's my favorite tiem of the year. I guess I'm still a kid at heart. Rock on!!

Just got finished with the 35mm feature film "Sensation of Sight". What an experience...over 3 weeks I was there working my ass off. After the first day I got to work in the camera dept. and it was awesome. I did all the video villiage work...technically called "VTR Operator". I also assisted with running mags, setting up the camera mounts etc. The camera crew were awesome even though the pressure was on full-tilt the whole time.

It should be a great film when it's released. I was told Oct. 2006 is when they want it out. Everyone go see it please and tell everyone you know too!

I learned a ton on this film and now I'm going to incorporate what I learned into my own feature. The cast and crew on the film were fantastic too. I hope to work with them all again! :D

Back