• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Detective Noir

Hi everyone, I posted here about the trailer for Detective Noir a while back. Its been a good while since then, but we've finally managed to get the feature complete! Detective Noir is a film noir, in black and white no less, that has a fair amount of comedy thrown into the mix. For those who saw the trailer, I can guarantee all the best bits in the trailer, plus all kinds of crazy stuff far too good to even make it into the trailer! The segments of this feature are free to download from our site, where we also have some extra info on the project. Any feedback would be great!

Quicktime (Right Click, Save As)

Low Res (62.5 MB)

High Res (96 MB)

http://www.8bucksproductions.com/dn1.html

We'll be releasing the film in three segments, due to its running time, expect part 2 this time next week. Part 1 is currently avaliable in mov format, with WMV to be added later this week. The running time of section 1 is around 17 minutes.

Part 1 sees Detective Dodd, a veteran crimefighter, setting up his new HQ. He is clearly a man with a past, some problems, and a plan. He sets out to find a partner, which leads him to a strange Detective College dropout named DeClancy. Worse is to follow, as a man that Dodd once put in jail has escaped, and is already putting his latest crime spree into action. It appears that the fledgeling detective agencies' first case is about to begin...

Cool, I'd really be glad to know what you think Steve.

Incidentally, slight technical hitch with the High Res WMV that requires a fresh upload, should be up right in about 15 minutes.

Part 2 is now out! The investigation gets under way, as the clues slowly fall into place like so many pieces in some kind of puzzle.

QT (Right Click, Save As)

Low Res (35.7 MB)

High Res (56 MB)

WMV (Right Click, Save As)

Low Res (36.1 MB)

High Res (58.7 MB)

The third and final part of Detective Noir is now out... Dodd and DeClancy meet up with McCreedy in the marshlands for the final, climactic showdown.

QT (Right Click, Save As)

Low Res (27.8 MB)

High Res (43.7 MB)

WMV (Right Click, Save As)

Low Res (36.1 MB)

High Res (58.7 MB)

This part is much shorter than the other two, but is also the most action packed and my favourite... chase scene guaranteed!

Thanks for the link - the animation work is incredible, shame that the audio compression reduced the sound quality so much.

Back