• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Rochester Subway DVD available for pre-order

Our subway DVD is finally off to the replicators! Several months of DVD authoring has paid off -- I think history buffs and rail fans will really dig our product. It's a specialty item, but we've been getting emails and phone calls from folks around the country since we first announced the special edition a few months ago.

Check out the website, too. I'm open to suggestions for ways to improve it. Soon I'll have several articles online (from the time of the VHS release). Also a press kit for reviewers and retailers.

http://animatusstudio.com/subway

=================================

PRESS RELEASE:

"For this fan it is the most satisfying video I've ever viewed and purchased."
- John McCarthy, Trolley Talk

"The End of the Line - Rochester's Subway" is now available for pre-order through the Animatus Studio website and Amazon.com. To purchase this special edition DVD for only $29.95, visit http://animatusstudio.com/subway

eotlcover340-500.jpg

Animatus has remastered the original documentary (previously only available on VHS) and included 45 minutes of new features.

THREE ALL NEW FEATURETTES

* The Steel Wheel
Experience a round trip ride on the subway as it existed in the 1950s.

* Prodigal Son - Rochester Car 60
Video of the subway's last surviving passenger car and an all new interview with one of the last motormen.

* Motherless Child - Remnants of the Subway
A look at the subway as it exists today. Includes a "phantom run" through the abandoned Broad Street tunnel.

PHOTO ARCHIVE
A library of 150 still images.

CLOSED CAPTIONING

CHAPTER SELECTION

OUTTAKES

SUBWAY MAP INSERT

=====================================

"The End of the Line - Rochester's Subway" tells the little known story of the rail line that operated in a former section of the Erie Canal from 1927 until its abandonment in 1956. Produced in 1994 by filmmakers Fredrick Armstrong and James P. Harte, the forty-five minute documentary recounts the tale of an American city's bumpy ride through the Twentieth Century, from the perspective of a little engine that could, but didn't.

Billed as the story of the smallest city in America to build and abandon a subway, "The End of the Line - Rochester's Subway" originally aired on PBS and The History Channel. It earned a Bronze Telly Award and was voted Best of the Fest at The Rochester Independent Film Festival. For twelve years it has taught young and old the history of New York's third largest city.

Providing music for the DVD are world-renowned composer Philip C. Carli and Rochester's traditional music duo, The Dady Brothers.

Animatus Studio has been operating in Rochester, NY since 1989. The studio specializes in traditional animation for film and video, but also handles web animation, 3D and 2D graphics, and video editing.

Back