• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Whorrors Old School Animation

This is a short sample of an animation for a Horror Billy band I play with part time... We thought the retro look fit the material and gave it that 'MUNSTERS' style feel. Love to hear your thoughts...
Going to actually try again in flash or stop motion animation...
The Whorrors Animation

I Wanna Wed the Undead
Written by KC Carlisle / G LEE
Performed by The Whorrors
Animations KC Carlisle
Produced & Directed by Craig Knight

Last edited:
Hey Coolhandz. I checked out the animation. It was pretty cool...fun to watch. I could see some clips being recycled after a while, but that's the world of animation for ya. All it needs is some Hardballers to liven it up!

Nice work!

Thanks - yeah it was more an experiment than anything else - would certainly need a little more care and effort to finish the whole song! As for The Hardballers... LOTS coming soon - getting VERY exciting!

It was good, but as someone pointed for me, You need more full body shots and movement. cool song. Reminds me of an old 70s puppet animation called "Monster Mash".

You said Stop Motion? Are you going to do claymation? Also, Did you hand draw this? The background shakes slightly. Not that its a bad thing, Reminds me of an old 70s TV toon like Schoolhouse of Rock.

You wren't kidding about that retro look. :cool:

It reminded me a lot of the style that PBS/CPB was putting out in the 70's.

Needs more upper body motion on most creatures and a lot more facial movement on that one vamp that kept getting the c/u; but overall very cool.

Song wasn't too shabby, either. You wrote/performed that as well?

:)

Thanks - yeah KC - the singer actually did the illustrations and there really wasn't much to work with when compiling the video - that's why it's only a short selection of the song... I agree - there needs to be more movement and motion in the characters and we will attempt this again when there's some time. KC Carlisle (singer) actually wrote that tune - I'm playin bass... was just fun to do amongst the bigger projects going on.

Leave it as it is

I say leave it as it is... I think it has character and style... And definetly reminded me of The Monster Mash...

It's important to just let projects breathe their own breath... Or rather, always give breathing room to the creative process...

Perfection is not the goal, remember that... Perfectiontion is not human, and so often lacks a sense of the people behind it...

Thanks Dark - I agree it needs to maintain its style but I also agree it needs a bit of improving... looking forward to playing with it again. And Logan thanks - yeah it really is a cool tune... KC did a great job

I watched a video on you tube and specially likes the scene where the frogs showed up against the insects flying. Throughout the video you could sense a good work of animation and I applaud suck kind of videos which give you a break from regular life and give you a reason to smile. Link removed.

:):):):)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back