Number 85 filter

well, im looking for a 85 filter to shoot my k40 in daylight. Ive found them on b and h for $50 and up. Does anyone know of a cheaper place i should look? Or is this the going rate?

this would be the one you want: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ssPageName=MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr8_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT

The 85 will turn daylight into 3400k which may be too blue. The 85b will turn it into 3200k which should be spot on. Of course it depends whether its overcast outside or sunny too. I've never used one of those filters but I dont think you could go wrong, it is at least single coated. Make sure you use a lens cloth though (you can get one from any supermarket).

thanks again for the help, and ive got one more question while im at it. How do i know what ASA i shoudl set my lightmeter to? ive been told its 25 with the K40 ill be shooting on, but im not sure where that number comes from?

Don't quote me on this but indoors with no filter should be 40ASA, and outside with the 85B filter should be 25ASA. Indoors and 40ASA... thats basically what they used back in the 50's and early 60's before the introduction of new stocks. So expect to light the crap out of it especially night shots. You can get some real dramatic effects with hard lighting. I dont use reversal color, just reversal Plus-X and Vision2 neg so hopefully someone with more experience with k40 can help you. If you are shooting 24fps, your shutter speed will be 1/60th. For more info on the k3 and the manual which has the full shutter speed layout, go to k3camera.com .

Hey Hampton, VA.

Have you tried Camara City? He usually has a stock of used filters, prices and supplies are spotty but hey, instint gratification.

Another suggestion Ritz Camara. There supply of in store filters are also spotty but they were running a special buy two get one free, making them economical. Looks like you need a 77mm filter, don't know if they carry that size but worth a shot. I do know that they carry both the 85a and b though.

Good luck.

mikey d

yeah i went to both of those places the other day and came up with nothin. But i ended up snaggin one for cheap on ebay so it all worked out. Thanks for the help guys

Back