Extremely Broke

What would be the best mike to get with a low price...the lower the better. i'm 13 (serious about my movies though) so i can't get a job and don't have an allowance...that's how broke...any suggestions of mikes?

...keep looking around the boards about sound or mics. I think I saw a post that said someone got a mic from best buy. It won't be the best on the market, but at age 13, you must be a beginner, you gotta start somewhere...

--spinner :cool:

The lowest pro boom mic new will be around $50. Anything less money than that will be used or either a handheld mic or a hypercardioid (the type news crews and singers use).

I own an Audio-Technica ATR-55 shotgun mic. I'm very happy with it. I picked it up open box from Best Buy for $25! It's generally $50ish.

I made my own furry blimp thing for it ( < $10 )with gutter screens, steel wire, costume fur, chopsticks and rubber bands. Works fabulously. I'm going to be fitting a properly threaded screw end onto the end of an extendable 12' painters extension ($14-home depot) as a boom. I'm currently using a mike stand I had laying around. It's quite heavy.

The blimp and boom work fabulously! We shot at a park on a windy day with 2 cameras. The onboard mic on one camera recorded nothing but wind...the other nothing but dialog!

Back