• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Last Straw - Short film

A short I did that's pretty much a long setup for a short gag. :yes:

LastStrawQT350.mov

6 minutes - 12 megs

Thanks for the move and the link is now fixed

We're working on our first feature film called :director: Madness. You can see stills and a teaser here:

Madness Teaser

Last edited:
Thread moved to Screening Room > Narrative. Thanks for the heads up cinevid ...and welcome to IndieTalk!

I am getting a page not found error. Please check to make sure your link is posted correctly and that the file is available. Thanks!

John

Last edited:
A short I did that's pretty much a long setup for a short gag. :yes:

You sure weren't kidding! :lol:

I've seen this before... it's on Wu's "A Joker's Card" DVD set, in the extras section. :cool:

The windup to the punchline is really well done. It actually makes me wish the gag itself was a bit stronger.

Great fight choreography; lighting was excellent (especially for being in a nightclub); sound was well done.

_______

I notice in the credits that you used a casting agency to fill the extras. How did that work out?

This is a well executed flick... with an ending that makes you just groan.
smiley_creepy.gif

Response to ZenSteve about casting agency

Thanks ZenSteve,
We have a local martial arts master who got into stunts and then created a database of all his students and that grew into casting extras and stunts for local filmmakers. It worked well, but it's not the typical casting agency. We also simply did an open call, "If you're young and hot, come on in for free pizza and be in a movie." We shot all in one day, edited the next. Used the Canon XL1 and I filtered the footage to make it look like film.

Well shot. The lighting was outstanding in some spots.

The sound FX were kinda soft in some spots and it was obvious you were shooting in a bad room for dialogue recording.

The punch line was funny, but like Zen said I wish it'd been stronger.

Good job.

Poke

Back