Investor search

I hope to be looking for investors soon for a short film. The film should be 15 to 20 mins. What insentive can I give the investors? I realize that a feature film can be more of an investment to them than a short. Is there anything they can get out of it? Also, can anyone give advice on where to search for investors is?

...how involved is your short? One thing I have learned here: If you are creative and use some imagination, you can come up with resources you never thought of or even do some things with relatively low costs...

--spinner :cool:

iuhoosier336 said:
I hope to be looking for investors soon for a short film. The film should be 15 to 20 mins. What insentive can I give the investors? I realize that a feature film can be more of an investment to them than a short. Is there anything they can get out of it? Also, can anyone give advice on where to search for investors is?
For a short film you are really asking for donations. As you pointed out, shorts don't show a profit, so it isn't an investment. Other than an investment in "you".

People most likely to invest in you are friends and family. But still treat the investors professionally. Have a finished, polished script. Do a detailed, line item budget - down to the last battery, roll of tape, light bulb and bottle of water.

Do a schedule you can stick to. If you're going to shoot on two or three weekends or shooting on four consecutive days, put it in writing. Include all post production works and the amount of time you think it will take.

All this will let your friends and family know you are serious and the movie WILL get finished.

Back