Camera

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone had any input to share on what camera would be the best value for my money. I'm looking at a price range of around two to three thousand dollars and I was originally looking at the Canon XL 1 or 2. Any advice would be very appreciated.

Will Vincent said:
Without knowing your specific needs... if I had that to spend, without a doubt... DVX-100a

I agree with Will. I don't know anyway to get an XL-2 for two or three thousand unless you use that money to steal one. Even the DVX is on the high end of that amount, but well worth it.

The XL-2 was just a little bit over my price range but I was going to try my best to get it. These were mostly sites that sell at cost, though honestly I'm not sure how much stock I put into them anyway.

Did I say cost? :D I meant wholesale...anywho..I've heard a lot of really good things about the DVX100A in the past so it sounds like the best bet for my dollar. Thaks for the input everybody.

In my personal opinion, JUST MY OPINION, that review is bogus in many different areas. I would spend my time doing research and going to stores and testing the cameras before making a decision, and NOT rely on a comparison of a DVX, XL2, and FX1 by a member of dvxuser.com in which funny enough he finds the DVX to be the winner (suprise!).

And I would ask you this: When you purchase your next TV is it going to be HiDef or Standard Def? When the rest of the civilized world purchases their next TV's, do you think they will be SD? Why is Panasonic and Canon and JVC focusing on HD and HDV if HiDef is not going to become the standard?

I would STRONGLY suggest NOT purchasing a SD camera right now regardless of the brand. If you dont like Sony, wait for one of the others. the JVCHD100 supposedly has a 24F, The Panasonic is supposed to have 24p and the Canon is supposed to have a 24f of some type. Not to mention ANY HD image can be converted to 24p in post from interlaced, quite easily.

There is no replacement for resolution. What you have now is a limited shelf life for anything you shoot on SD.

Thats JUST MY OPINION.

Back