Aerial Shots

Hello! I have a quick questions. I want to know if there is any way to get an aerial shot of my city, for the beginning of my movie. I don't know if it's possible, but does anyone have any ideas?

Some video production places keep a library of common/useful scenes.

Need a shot of a plane landing at LAX, but can't drive on over to film it yourself? There'll be a company with a generic scene of that available. For x-dollars, you can purchase that scene along with permissions to legally use it.

You can get scenes singly, or by the city/theme in many instances. A company like The Footage Firm provides hour-long tapes of dozens of scenes from various cities, for example.

_______

There are a lot of these companies online now, where you can buy by the clip. They'll even have lo-res versions on the website so you can see exactly what you're getting before plonking down some bucks.

Btw... googling "stock footage buffalo" brings up hundreds of clips... of wild hairy cows. :lol:

rockydm92 said:
thanks alot, but your a little late I just had my fill of clips which included dozens of water Bufaloes. thanks though.

...water buffaloes! :lol:

...maybe you just need to refine your search alittle. Just like when you are looking for something on Google or putting something into your search engine. Then when all you get are big hulking animals, you can give up. I bet you could find something....

--spinner :cool:

- Make friends with a network news helicopter pilot/camera person...

- Find someone who's got a Radio Controlled model helicopter (gas powered mind you..) and convince him/her to mount a small/cheap miniDV camera to it and fly around for a while...

- Take a hot air balloon ride

- Hire a small plane to fly you around for an hour or so

- Hire a helicopter to fly you around for a while

- Attach the smallest miniDV camera you can find to a weather balloon

These options are (ok, maybe not the last one) the best bet you've got, when it comes down to it, you'll probably end up spending less time and money on a helicopter ride or plane ride and get whatever specific things you want versus trying to find just the right shots from a stock company. The hotair balloon ride would be kinda fun anyway, and the R/C helicopter can definately produce some nice results...

I have seen some sample video ... and can't seem to find it at the moment. :(

Go talk to your local Buffalo news channel. They will have some for sure, and they may let you use it.

Also, check out your local cable access studio. When I was living in NY, the local one would let you use anything & everything they had (after taking a required class or two, to get familiar with the equipment)

Back