My New Camera!!

Ok, now I'm psyched! For the first time in a long while, whilst bidding on something I REALLY wanted nobody tried to bidsnipe me...

check out this fabulous win:

"Here is a Beaulieu 2008 S Movie camera (Vintage) made in france. It comes with 2 extra zoom lenses made by Elgeet 4 inch F:2.7 Cine-tel and the Yvar 1:4 f=150 mm AR lense. These items have been stored for over 20 years and were in perfect working order at that time. It was packed in a small travel briefcase with foam cushion inside."

Final Winning Bid Price: $100.00
Shipping & Insurance: $12.30
-------------------------------------------
$112.30!!!

beaulieu.jpg

Also, on a whim.. I recently picked up a Nikon -> c mount adapter, which means I can use all 6 of my Nikon still lenses (12 if used with the 2x teleconverter) with this puppy... now that's some serious lens variety!

WOOHOO I can't wait 'til this shows up on the doorstep. We'll be using it for part of the new project we're gonna shoot first weekend of October, part of it will be super8. ;)

Sounds good! It may need a servicing (gears lubed, etc.) and battery recelling, but you got it at a good price.

Will congrats!!!
clap.gif
Looks like you got a really nice deal there for sure. Let us know when it comes and how it preforms for you for your new project. Also any pics of it "on the set" would be great!

I've heard good and bad things about the 2008. If you got one late in the run, it should be fine. I was talking to Phil (the owner) at Pro8 and he said that Beaulieu was perfecting the camera as they went along and at the end it's a pretty good camera. I think at that price you can't go wrong.

Scott

Back