Need help with add on mic for DVX100

Hi, I am going to be using the Panasonic DVX-100 for a short journalistic/documentary film.

From my understanding, the stand alone mic on the camera is not good enough, correct?

What specific brand/model add on mic should I buy?

I am somewhat on a limited budget and I do not want to spend too much, but I also do not want to go cheap, just somewhere in the middle.

Any and all advice/help will be greatly appreciated.

Your right, the mic on the DVX is not really good enough for what you are wanting. We just finished shooting a feature on the DVX and we picked up a Senheisser ME66 for about $450. That might sound like alot, but it's not in comparision to whats out there.

This mic is a great deal for the $ your spending. It's a little on the sensitive side, so you'll need to watch your level's, but it did a great job for us. I highly recomend.

Adam

I picked up an ATR55 from Best Buy for $25 (normally $50ish clearance racks and open box items are cool). I'm pretty happy with it for the price. Sound is quite good. Remember to changed the batteries out each day before you shoot. Noise creeps in as the battery starts to go. I use rechargeables for that. We learned that the hard way...but that's what my current project is about.

Back