quickie firewire question

ok if u couldnt already tell, i didnt end up getting the video kit i talked about a month ago, because i opted to buy a car instead...

now just recently i realized that my 1394 port is on my sound blaster audigy2 sound card. will this make a difference, can i still capture video with it?

as long as there is a driver for it installed you should be able to.. the easiest way to find out would be to start up Premiere or whatever program you're gonna use, and plug in a camera to see if it's recognized.. but as I said, if the driver is installed I don't see why it wouldn't. ;)

If you're using Windows XP, the Firewire port should be recognized at the OS layer.

You should be able to plug a camera (or any other FW device) into the port and have the "New Device Detected" alert appear almost immediately - once you see that, you're good to go.

thanks guys! ill make sure about those drivers but that wont be hard cuz once i start my editing im reformatting completely as i cannot afford an external hard drive- i just want to wipe this thing out completely and defrag often till i can...who knows when that'll be...so anyways the drivers wont be a problem im hoping because ill start with the ones that are on my dell disc and update only if needed...so i wont need to roll back and upgrade and roll back till i find it...yay...

again thanks!

Back