need some advice

hello my fellow dreamers. i have no educated film experience (school taught), but this is my passion. i have been looking at schools but come to realize that i may not ever go becuz of the expenses. not saying thats stopping me but i really want to start on what i love, like right now. whats the best way to recieve money to further education in film, or get money for equipment, i guess i am asking what is a probable cause to get companies to at least consider funding?

or get money for equipment

You may not necessarily need to get your own equipment.

If you can establish good relationships with fellow filmmakers in your city/town, you may end up being able to borrow equipment or even their skills.

It's not as simple as, "Hi! I'm stankoniamind! Camera plzzor!"... but if you're helping others out on their projects, they can often find the time to help you out too. One hand washes the other, etc.

That's also beneficial as you get some practical experience, while in the process of meeting new people.

Filmmakers with no money need all the friends they can get. :)

hello my fellow dreamers. i have no educated film experience (school taught), but this is my passion. i have been looking at schools but come to realize that i may not ever go becuz of the expenses. not saying thats stopping me but i really want to start on what i love, like right now.

...I have made this suggestion before, because it is one of the best ways to get started if you have nothing. PUBLIC ACCESS television. You know the stations that show the city council meetings that nobody watches. It is tv and it will at least get your hands on the equipment so that when you do make some purchases, you will know what you are looking at. Film is different, but you will learn how to develop a good eye for shot composition and learn about cameras and lighting, etc. good luck...

--spinner :cool:

Back