• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch New short, "Not Alone"

Hey gang,

As part of a filmmaking seminar I taught in June at Applachian State University, I wrote and directed a 15 min. short, "Not Alone". It was shot on 16mm and some 35mm and DV. Thanks goes out to Bill Pivetta, Frank Mohler and the entire student crew. This short was written and produced in 8 days. I still want to go back and tweak up the sound mix, but decided to get it on-line for some feedback. Special thanks goes to Peter John Ross of Sonnyboo fame for encoding it in Windows Media.

Synopsis: A grad student lands a summer teaching job and ends up staying in an empty dorm. Unfortunetly, the dorm is haunted.

Not Alone

Thanks,

Scott

Last edited:
That was pretty good. :)

I thought the ending was going to be a bit cliched, but it was much different from what I expected.

Lots of scenes seemed very green. Was that a choice?

How much free reign did the students have making this? Must have been fun.

:cool:

Oops, I'm sorry for the dead post. My Zone Alarm blocked the video. :hmm: I don't have time for a crit right now, but I will be able to later.

Nice short, Scott.

Maybe it's my untrained eye, but I couldn't figure out which scenes were shot on 16mm, 35mm or DV. Not that it makes any difference, I just wanted to see if there were differences.

Good work - congratulations to the cast & crew... written and produced in 8 days... wow!

Back