Help with Adobe Premiere 6.0

I am using Adobe Premiere 6.0 with a JVC GR-DVL510U using MS DV(NTSC), Frame rate 720X480 @29.97FPS Depth millions and quality 100% using DV Device Control 2.0 . For some reason all of my captured video has a lot of lines in it whenever there is motion on the video. When the video is still or slow it isnt noticeable until the person or object moves again. It is a huge annoyance. Does anyone know how to correct this? Replies are very much appreciated.

thats almost exactly what it looks like aside from the fact that its not that blurry when the lines appear, and only when there is motion applied to the video. I saw something about de-interlaced somewhere but didnt know what it was., when the vido is still it look fline. How do I go about fixing this? I have re-installed Premiere about three or four times and used the default setting as well as some other ones ive tested and they all do the sme thing. Thanks

Try this:

Project >> Project Settings >> Keyframe & Rendering.

There is an option labled "Fields", with a drop-down box.

Make sure "Lower Field First" is selected.

_______

I'll look about for more things to check on.

The Capture settings arent the same as the other three, but the other three are the same except for one thing. The audio sample rate on the first three are in red, the first two are 48000, the third (The video clip I just made) is 32000, and the fourth is 48000 but its not red, its flush black with the rest of the settings. Also, at the bottom of all four, the field settings all say lower field first except for the video I just made, which says unknown. I know you had me check that already and it was set on lower field first, why is it not appearing as such?

No, it looks fine when I am capturin git, its only after I spits it out to a file that it looks like crap. Of course, if I capture it, then pull it in the editor, it still looks like crap so its somethign with the compiler or somethin maybe?

Okay... try this:

File >> Export Timeline >> Movie

then hit the "Settings" button, that appears on the save-window.

then hit "Next" (or use the dropdown menu) to get to "Keyframe & Rendering" options.

Make sure "Lower Field First" is selected in this Export Menu. (This is different from the actual Project settings)

_______

(Also make sure "Optimise Stills" is checked, but that's something different. Your titles will look like crap, if it's not)

:coffee:
Hey evilsmith! Like your name.
I dont own this program but I worked a cople of times with it. I would say .... 2 options. It could be the translation. The Moment you save the file, your computer is hacking picture information of, because....? a) your computer is full, or b) the file setting is not correct!
You need to chec this in your harddrive.
Or it could be your cam has just not enuf pixel. meaning, you mayed not see it on the cam screen, but it shows up in the editing prosses. Just chec your Harddrive settings and try diffrent camera material. Sorry Im no real help. Wish I had a big red arrow pointing at the problem, with a drop down menu showing you what to do.

its only after I spits it out to a file that it looks like crap

An actual file (like .mov or .wmv) on the harddrive, as opposed to sending it back to the mini-DV camera?

If so, what video CoDec?

...and can you send it to the camera itself, looking good?

_______

Tossing out some ideas. (Some may sound stupid, but oh well)

Frame rate 720X480 @29.97FPS

29.97 Drop-frame timecode?

_______

You are rendering the whole project before export, right?

_______

When using the default Project Settings...

You are using the "Standard 48khz" setting, in the expandable folder labeled "DV-NTSC"?

(As opposed to the "NTSC 720X480 Video For Windows")

_______

I'm running out of ideas. :(

Ok, I dont know exactly how to check the CoDec, but I got GSpot, and it says the DV CoDec isnt installed. So I went and found Mainconcept for the dsvd drivers, and it got better. Now the chopps look to be about half the size they were before....hahahaha....this is raelly pissing me off just cause its not working. I think it used to work way way back before I installed SP2 on this computer, I know it worked just fine on my old computer that had SP1. Are you guys running SP2?

Back