Film Processing Labs?

Don't know if this has been posted already, but I couldn't find it in the forums, so here goes!

Just shot my first roll of 16mm film today. There are no local film processing labs around here (Louisville, KY) so I'll have to send it off. Any recommendations, places to avoid, etc.?

Thanks!

Wish I would have saw this sooner, but a great lab in NY is Pac Lab and they process 16mm B&W. I've had excellent results from them and they got really good prices. Whatever place you choose let us know how it comes out. :)

Thanks for the suggestion! I have more film to process (after I load and shoot, of course) so I'll send the rolls to different processing labs and get a feel for who will work out the best.

Even though I primarily use digital video, there is something about film that appeals to me. I'm thinking about getting an 8mm camera and combining film and video in my works.

Can't wait for my first roll to come back. Only hope I didn't ruin the film by fogging it (I forgot about that little latch on the reflex viewer of my Bolex). Still, this first roll was experimental. It'll take time for me to learn how to use the Bolex. Heck, it'll take time for me to build the upper body strength to hold the Bolex up. And yes, I do have a tripod, and that's heavy, too. Okay, so I'll have to lift weights to build up the strength to lift the Bolex that's attached to the tripod. Whew! :lol:

Ah, the joys of being a beginning filmmaker. :D

Back