my camera

Hello everyone, this is my first post (first of many to come!) and I'm very happy to be part of the community.
I know this question was probably asked a thousand times...but please bare with me, id really appreciate it. I would like to know what you all believe is the best camera for me. I shoot short films, music videos and commercials, so im looking for a camera with great picture quality. My choices are the panasonic dvx100a, canon xl2 and sony fx1. I know these cameras differ greatly with use, but the prices of each are similar...so i was wondering what you all believe would be my best option. RIght now im leaning more towards the dvx100a, but if im going to spend 4gs, i might as well spend another grand for the sony fx1 (or am i totally clueless??). Any help is greatly appcreciated

I'm a big fan of the DVX. I own one because it was the first video camera I thought was worth owning (that I could afford. I'd love to hav a Varicam or Sony Cine Alta, but I don't have $80,000 plus) I like the the control I can get with it. I should say I've only played with the XL2 at a demo and found it nice, but still lean toward the DVX.

Scott
LA base DP
www.scottspears.net

thank you, i appreciate all the help i can get. I got a really good deal on the sony fx1, here in canada it is selling for about $4999.99. One guy is willing to sell me the camera for $4000 plus tax (roughly $4600), plus he will throw in a tripod.
However, editing poses a problem so im sticking to either the xl2 or dvx100a....leaning more towards the dvx100a though.

Back