Wireless Camera Mic

I'm looking for a good UHF wireless camera mountable mic. I have considered the Sony UWP-C1, the Audio-Technica ATW series, and the Azden 500 LTA. They all include the transmitter, multi channel receiver, and Lavalier mic. and all cost around $500. Any guidance from you tried and true pros out there is greatly appreciated.

Thanks...
Steve

Thanks for the responses. I'm ok with the price, I was hoping to get some good advice on which one works best, last longer, has fewest drops/interferience, best value, etc. or even better yet, which ones don't live up to their advertising hype.

Thanks...

Marcel said:
have you checked out 'Radio Shack?" They might have some lower priced lavs I believe.

m f

I checked with radio shack and they dont carry them. I asked if they have a catalog with them but they said they stopped selling them.

I tried purchasing a preamp as someone suggested and using a more inexpensive wireless, but all I got was humming sounds.

Good luck with finding one that doesnt have any humming or buzzing sounds thats cheap.

One trick to reduce mic noise under clothes is to tape two layers of clothing together with the mic sandwiched in between. If the actor is wearing layers you can often make a little pocket to put the mic in between the layers using double stick tape. This will keep the mic from slipping around and actually rubbing against anything. This won't work on an evening gown, but is worth a shot. It also may not work if the actor is running or something.

Back