DVD Authoring Software

Does anyone know which is the best software for making up front end menus for DVD plus scene selections etc? (commercial or freeware)

Thanks

I think we have several posts on this somewhere around here.

Anyway, I use Adobe Encore DVD. It's specifically made to interface with photoshop and after effects to create cool menus. Good stuff but the learning curve is steeper than most others.

the learning curve is steeper than most others.

Man, you aren't kidding.

My local community college is starting up a course on how to use that, to accompany the PremPro & AEFX classes. I'll be taking the new course... Encore is a non-intuitive pita to use.

I feel like such an Adobe shill but...once you "get it", Encore is pretty straighforward and lets you do just about anything you want by way of authoring. You can customize every step, I think that's what I like best. If you want sophisitcated naviagation with multiple layers of menu's, it'll do the trick.

There are probably easier ones out there that do the same thing but Encore was the first one that I used that really gave me control. It was a pain in the ass to learn, though.

I use Ulead DVD Workshop 2.0, after comparing with Encore, I decided to go with Ulead because it is much easier to work with and can do almost what you can do with Encore. However, I do plan to learn Encore when I get a chance... (I have it here got it in a bundle, but just not using it)

The other program id Sony DVD Architect, I heard it's good too.

You can get trial version of these all from their respective website

Johnny

Anyone used DVD Studio Pro? I haven't tried that or Encore yet. I hated Ulead and pretty much all the rest except for DVDlab. The only drawback there is that it doesn't encode.

Back