• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

blurring a trademark

can anyone on here tell me how to blur out a moving on-screen trademark using Adobe Premier or After Effects? If you do, please be as specific and descriptive as you can.

If not, is there someone who can do it for me?

Ooooh I hope you're not stealing some stock footages! hehehheee. The only way I can think of doing it is by using Adobe After effects... or ofcourse, if the logo is at the edge you could always try cropping... give us some more details and we might be able to assist!

I want to BLUR it out, like I said. I am willing to put a black bar across it if I have too.

The shot is a scenic shot of Chicago with a "CTA" bus moving across the frame (the camera follows the bus for a bit). The CTA logo is very clear and visible. It moves, and is in the middle of the screen for the bulk of the clip. It is legal to show use this clip in every medium except broadcast television, which may cause problems in the future. Is that enough info?

You'll basically only be able to do it in a package like after effects. You'll have to do a moving motion mask over the area and then you'll have to use a region based gaussian blur to get it out. If you want to send me the clip I can do it for you if you want. I'm a bit of an After Effects Expert.

Shot Renegade said:
You'll basically only be able to do it in a package like after effects. You'll have to do a moving motion mask over the area and then you'll have to use a region based gaussian blur to get it out. If you want to send me the clip I can do it for you if you want. I'm a bit of an After Effects Expert.

In combustion I can track the letters, then just copy another part of the CTA and paint it over them. You'll never know there were letters there in the first place... OR you can put in your own, like LLP or something.
No need to blur it, just erase it. :D

I'm sure After FX must do something like that? :hmm:

There are two version of AE. One is Standard, the other Pro. The Pro version has motion-tracking.

_______

In Premiere, you could plop an image of the bus into Photoshop and save a section of the bus paneling that would cover it up. (This replaces the logo, not blurs)

Import into Prem.

Then create an inverted "garbage matte" (hit F1 help, for a pretty good walkthrough.) on the main bus.

Position the bus paneling in the right place to match up... scale, rotate & skew as required.

Like After Effects, you can do this over time. Actually, a lot of the functions in Prem now work like a stripped-down AE timeline.

It's going to look like ass if the bus is weaving all over the road... but you can get away with cloning a replacement side panel fairly well if it's travelling a straight line in a reasonable perspective.

One of the tutorials for Motion has something similar to this.. it's covering the ad panel on the side of a bus making a wide turn with an image.. looks pretty sweet when rendered. I looked at it, but never actually went through the tutorial.. (yet)

Back