The Panasonic AG-DVX100A Questions!?

Hello, Im new here. Just thought I'd let you know.

Okay so I am really thinking of buying this amazing camera. But, I would like to know when filming sound the undirecttional mic which you can buy, is it almost or is as good as the so called 'Boom Mic' (I think that is what it is called?!). Thanks for all your help in advance.

Do you mean to built in mic or the optional Panasonic mic?

The built in mic is great but it can't compete with a boomed mic. No built in mic can as the goal of a shotgun mic is to get it as close to the talent as possible. If you want good sound a mic and boom will be necessary.

^ Well yeah of course, but does it give somewhat of a good sound for dialouge and what not. I mean is it much better then the built in mic, and perhpas somewhat close to a boom mic!?

The optional Panasonic mic is not as good as a "shotgun" mic.

For best dialogue recording on set you'll need a shotgun mic hels close to the actors with a boom pole. You could put the Panasonic mic on a boom - which is much better than keeping the mic away from the actors on the camera. But if you're going to invest in such a nice camera you really should get a good mic.

Check out the Sennheiser page.

ImAMachine said:
Hello, Im new here. Just thought I'd let you know.

Okay so I am really thinking of buying this amazing camera. But, I would like to know when filming sound the undirecttional mic which you can buy, is it almost or is as good as the so called 'Boom Mic' (I think that is what it is called?!). Thanks for all your help in advance.

A boom mic is a unidirectional mic with a sock on a boomstick.

isnt it?

Anyways, I tried the preamp technique. doesnt work. to much humming.

tried to adjust it in every possible way and i got a decent preamp.

I hate to say it, but if you are budgeted, try useing a shotgun mic and use vegas "Audio Gate" to kill off background noise. It works great.

Back