• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Movie Poster Printing

Anyone have a good contact for printing movie posters? Everything I find here in Dallas is ridiculously expensive and not even close to reasonable. I'm looking for full-size, 27"x40" printing on poster paper. I hjave one contact that can print them, but only at 24"x40" size.

Here's the poster I just finished designing.
Official%20Poster.jpg

nice poster. Should look good blown up. The website text shoudl work, but was a little difficult to read. Shouldn't be a problem though, as the title of the movie is up above, and people can put 2 and 2 together.

Thanks for the kind comments Saptula. I am just having fits trying to get these printed for a reasonable price. I have had a few printing houses quote me at $45/per poster for an order of 50. I just about fell out of my chair after I found out they were not joking.

I found one local joint who can do it for $15/per poster, but only at a 24"x40" size which looks a tad skinny to me, but for the price it might be the way I end up going. I had them do a test print and it looks great at full size. I hate to drop a ton of cash on it seeing how they are going to be used primarily for promotional purposes and not for merchandise.

We have the same dillemma. It's expensive to get the big-boy posters. We just got the 24x40 size and printed out about 1000 of them, and then posted half of them around town, signed another bit (for sale at the premiere.. what price you think we can get away with? $2? $5?), and the rest for post marketing.

What would you be willing to pay, Llirik? heheh
You can get the one where Bill drew me a giant oversized Phallus, and I drew a Hitler moustache and unibrow on him.

Yeah, I suppose that the 24" will be just fine.
We were just gonna plaster them all over town as well, to promote our premeire. We had also thought about having the cast and crew sign one and having it framed up for a drawing give away during the Q&A after the screening. Not too sure about that yet.

This was my first crack at designing a movie poster, and I was extremley pleased with the results. Even surprised myself. I don't spend hardly anytime in PS, but out of our 4 man crew, I was delegated the chore so I just jumped into it. Glad you guys like the work.

Your larger dimensions are off a bit by the way, it's actually 27x41 for "official" movie size...

you could check 'inkchasers.com' it's the only site I've seen that does that size that's not for trade shows and the like.. not sure the cost though I'm sure it's not cheap.

I'd say go with the smaller ones.

Oh, and have you checked with Kinkos and/or Copymax (at officemax) I think they can do large prints too.

Back