festival screening

i am newbie here. i have exp of 2 digital films. now i am planning to make another one which i intend to send for festivals. i have following querries.

1. what is the aspect ratio one has to choose for films which is acceptable by festivals.
2. which is the best camera for films for festival circuit
3. In festivals how the digital films are screened( i mean through projectors or what else)
4. which are the festivals for digital films.
5.any other valuable tips in this regard

Thank You and hoping some seniors to throw light on my querries.

kreativekarma said:
1. what is the aspect ratio one has to choose for films which is acceptable by festivals.
Most festivals accept all aspect ratios.
2. which is the best camera for films for festival circuit
Most festivals are more interested in the story and the skill and artistic vision of the movie maker than the camera. I've never seen any mention of the "best" camera in any festival rules or guidelines.
3. In festivals how the digital films are screened( i mean through projectors or what else)
Most use projectors to screen in their larger theaters. Some have smaller theaters with monitors.
4. which are the festivals for digital films.
withoutabox.com is a great place to start. Check the "Links Directory right here on Indietalk. Type "digital festival" into Google and you'll find hundreds.
5.any other valuable tips in this regard
Spend your time and creativity on coming up with a unique script and your own vision.
Watch other short movies. One thing that always surprises me is how few makers of short films actually watch short films by other movie makers.

Rik nailed it, although artistically and cinematically I would recommend not shooting 4:3 unless its a doc, hence why the buzz around 16:9 ratio is so prevelant everywhere, that is NOT a requirement of festivals.

Back