• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Looking for feedback

Crazy, bluntly, and more

OK... First off :welcome:

Second :hmm:

You asked for feed back and from me you get it bluntly. :cool:
I liked the B&W, is shows emotions more, at lease I believe so. The guys emotions looked needy, thirsty, damn it where's my drinky... There were contrast/brightness problems off and on. The text was hard to read and went by too fast, had to keep stopping it.. Never did see the date...
October somehting?

Now we come to the meat of the short, and I didn't see it. There's just 2 locations, well 3. The entire time
he's either sitting on the bench in different positions, walking through the park, or at the store.
I got bored really fast. I kept thinking, thre's gotta be a good ending, there's gotta be something more... but there wasn't.

I might just be me, I'm so deep into this 3D movie I've been working on, the real world seems wierd. Maybe I'm on an action or sci-fi or 3D animation movie kick... who knows.

This is just one person's first thoughts.

You've done something that a lot of people haven't, and that is you MADE a film... I congratulate you for that... keep it up. and learn learn learn... You're at one of the best Indie sites online and this is where you can find the answers to almost all your questions. :yes:

'sup good Chris!

Shot on 16? :cool:

I just plain didn't get it. It's clearly supposed to relate to the soundtrack, with the beer-shop being shown a lot... I wasn't sure if the man was either very cold, or at the start of the DTs.

Was he having flashbacks, or was he watching himself in "now"-time on the far side of the street?

It's really difficult to pull off a story with a single person, who has no conflict at all... with anything. I don't think you managed to do so.

_______

On the other hand, the look and atmosphere was nicely done. :)

A few extreme shifts in contrast, as Mr Coot mentions, but it's got that cold, grimey feel to it that really adds to the location's presence... and to the illusion of a down-on-his-luck street wine-o. (I'm assuming that's what the man was).

_______

How was the NYFA, btw? I've been looking at the Los Angeles one.

i enjoyed it. :yes: i like how the music seemed to flow with the locations really well. i think the shot where he was standing farther in front of the camera and, across the street, was the liquor store was a good shot.( it would've also been cool to have him stand across the street, in front of the store, and have the shot taken from the sidewalk and show all the cars passing by) :yes:

Hmmmmmm, I kept thinking, "Jeesh if the guy needs a drink so badly maybe he should find a place that's already open." I mean this is New York City, there's always something open. Maybe he's looking for a hard to find Vin Santo.

Seems odd to me. Almost like a music video for the song. I liked the look and the feel. Not much of a story though.

Truly, at least you're out there doing it! Kudos for that. Was this some kind of contest that restricted how and what you could and couldn't shoot?

I appreciate the feedback from everyone. It was nice to get various points of views. I made that while at NYFA as a short project.

I'm working on another project that I wrote and will direct later this summer called 'Lucy's Game'. I will post the video here for review when it's done.

Thanks...

Chris Cayden

Last edited:
WOW! It's been a year!

Anyway, when people ask for feedback I don't like to read the posts or any "setup" to the film. I want to see it on its own. So I just clicked the link and watched... As It started out, I was like "I've seen this before"

So now that I come to post my thoughts, I see I DID already see it and posted comments. LOL

Now that I've seen it again, and after reading my comments, I guess you don't really need to "get it". Or maybe since I'm not in 3D anymore I can appreciate the artisticness of it more easily.

Back