View Full Version : Whos help do I need?

06-19-2005, 03:38 PM
I am filming a feature this summer, it should be finished in December and I was hoping to send it some major festivals. Who do I need to hire to get some exposure, hype, ect. Producer's rep, agent, lawyer? I dont even really know what i would use any of those people for or how much they are paid. how soon should i get them involved? Thanks.

06-19-2005, 05:00 PM
Read both Chris Gore's Ultimate Film Festival Guide and The Complete Independent Movie Marketing Handbook by Mark Steven Bosko, and all of your questions will be answered. They're two of the bibles.


06-19-2005, 06:01 PM
Simply put a producers rep (or sales rep) is going to work on commission to sell your finished movie to distributors. If you have previously sold a movie it should be pretty easy to get a sales rep on board as soon as you start shooting.

If not, most reps will only be interested in representing your movie after itís finished.

Your post sounds like youíre looking for a publicist - someone who will get exposure for you during the shoot, during post and at completion. These people charge up front for their work. Usually in the $300 to $500 a week for part time work.