Re-celling batteries

Before I hop onto E-Bay and start randomly looking for places that re-cell batteries, I figured I'd ask if anyone here knows of and could recommend a shop that does this.

I'd rather use a known and approved place, than whomever I may find on the mess of the 'net.

:cool:

Shaw, I think he means for an old Beaulieu, which has a special screw-in battery. You can get these recelled, or buy a battery belt that has the beaulieu adapter. You may want to try www.duallcamera.com, they do good work, and can rehaul the whole camera.

Ah! Darn, I forgot that modern film cameras used batteries. Completely obvious now that I think about it. Guess that shows how often I work with new equipment or film :D.

I see Duall mentions they do it, but not for how much. I sent an enquiry off. :cool:

I found some other place that was like $180-ish and I was like
smiley_mono.gif

I'll definitely be looking at a battery-belt option too, Bird.

I still need to get at least one screw-on battery re-celled though, in case the first gets cranky with me sometime in the future. :)

Steve, if you have an adapter, you can go to pretty much any hobby shop (one that handles the higher-end RC cars and such) and have them custom build a battery to whatever specs you need. They can do whatever output levels are necessary, and you can generally use a bunch of RC car battery packs linked together (attached to a belt, or otherwise) to hold the juice.

:)

Back