• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Freddy the Precognitive Retard

Kinda saw everything coming. And to be honest, if you're gonna make a short film about a mentally challenged person, you need to make it so funny people forget how offended they are.

Poke

Poke said:
Kinda saw everything coming. And to be honest, if you're gonna make a short film about a mentally challenged person, you need to make it so funny people forget how offended they are.

Well that's what I was shooting for, it's not like this is a dramatic piece! It's supposed to be so over-the-top that you shouldn't feel offended.

mrde50 - Glad you enjoyed it! Sequel? Hmm, maybe!

Last edited:
Hey Bryan. I saw this a while back. I like it. It's entertaining, but I must say that most of your other films are waaaay better. Especially The Jug Movie and Superheroes! Murder Most Fowl was pretty hilarious too...

This film does have a pretty catchy theme song, though.

Let me rephrase what I said. Jokes about menatlly challenged folks are nothing new. To me, if you are gonna rise above the countless others out there doing this same thing you need better jokes than "Isn't it funny the retarded guy wants ice cream so bad he eats it off the ground!" I know this isn't a completely serious attempt at creating art, and I'm not saying everyone should be striving for that every time they make a short. It's just that, for my tastes, this didn't offer much more than cruel humor that's been done before.

Poke

True enough. But what about the fact that he could see into the future, or that he befriends a lawn gnome? ;)

Hey Logan! Yeah, I agree, it certainly isn't my best piece. But I'll promote it regardless. :)

Bryan Harley said:
True enough. But what about the fact that he could see into the future, or that he befriends a lawn gnome? ;)

I've seen the precog retarded person before, but I have to admit, the Gnome was the best part (especially the line, "Wake Up!").

Look, I'm not saying you are bad or anything like that. I am just offering up an opinion - if you're gonna do subject matter that some might find offensive, you really have to make it so damn funny people forget they are offended.

Poke

Back