• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch My Horror movie (for high school)

Hi my name is Nick Lavigne and I made a horror movie for high school. I know what your thinking if it's high school it must be really amateur and not gory. But I don't care if school sends me to the shrink (they did think about it). This movie is gory and has some tension (which is lost mostly due to dialog). I made wrote this movie at 3 am. Watch it here http://www.precedentcinema.com/movies.html. Click on One bad day. The reason it's not a direct link is cause you need divx and it's 87.MB.

wow, fast server. I'm dl'ing now...

pretty interesting. One question i have though is, when the 'cop' is taking the pictures outside, why is the car a honda civic when he arives and is snapping the pictures and then goes around the side of the house it's a Toyota Corolla? lol

I'm left wanting to know why the killer is doing all the bad stuff. I get that he's disturbed, but how did he get that way? And maybe cut that finger scene a little shorter: you can see the finger not being cut for quite a while which takes away from it a bit.

Last edited:
That's actually pretty darn good. :cool:

The acting itself (and dialogue) left a lot to be desired, but most of the technical work was really quite impressive.

Great camera work and clever editing. Nice choices for the b/w material, and colour later. Excellent pacing. B/w lighting was very effective. Most the effects came out pretty well though I had to fast-forward through
the finger-chop. I'm squeamish like that.

You intend on going to film school when done with high school? :)

Zensteve said:
I had to fast-forward through
the finger-chop. I'm squeamish like that.

:lol: Zen...what a familiar story!

Well JasonV, you have some great elements in your movie. I especially liked your editing. Also, the music selection was good and well suited to the scenes. You should look into getting royalty-free music so you can consider festivals in the future. Assuming you were probably on a very limited budget (just a guess) I would say that the gore effects came out looking rather well.

As a suggestion for future projects, I would recommend working a bit more on the dialogue and the story. Try to give the viewers something more than a display of makeup effects.

Good luck with your future projects!

Back