• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Strangers In The Night trailer

Ivyscobie

Business Member
indieBIZ
[WM]http://www.labonzaproductions.com/SITNTrailerNewVersion.wmv[/WM]

This is the trailer for my feature film Strangers In The Night that I shot in Burlington, Vermont.

Last fall we completed 80 Percent Inside and are now writing and planning to shoot our next project entitled "Origins and Ends."

For more information about my film, visit www.labonzaproductions.com
or email me at info@labonzaproductions.com

Last edited:
I thought it was going to be about :abduct: when it first started up... especially with the background rumble noise. :)

Looks pretty moody. Not quite sure I get what it's about, though.

Have a website for it?

The ambient car driving sound is a bit too loud I think. I find the topic interesting (if my assumption that the topic is pondering adultery and it's consequences).

Poke

Thanks for checking out my trailer.

I had a tough time smoothing out the car sounds in my film. I had to mic from underneath because we had two digital cameras running across from each other. The film is about infidelty, marriage, turning thirty - its defintely a dark film! If you want to find out more, the website is www.labonzaproductions.com

Tom

Last edited:
Yeah that sounds interesting to me. Mainly cause that's the point in my life I am at (nearing thirty). Plus I am married and that line "I'm starting to notice other women." is not stranger to my mouth.

Poke

i really enjoyed the sound - really unsettled me, made me feel displaced, vulnerable and to be quite frank, a little queesy (that could be the all you can eat from last night, damn those Italian cheesecake boys).....can i ask is this ever so slightly about failing to live up to your dreams (ie - being a great writer by 20, a Casanova by 21 etc) and having to accept your life as a bag of failures relative to those grand ambitions?

i like the trailer - if you wanted it to do what is described above - great, if not blame it on the cheeseboys...

Thank you for checking out my trailer.

I was trying to make an off-balance feeling by adding the car noise over the trailer - so I am glad you felt that way when watching it. When I was putting the trailer together it reminded me of David Lynch who I like alot Yes - a lot of the film revolves around failed dreams. In fact one of the main actors is upset about getting older and never making it as musician.

I do like Italian Cheesecake too!

Tom C

the more i think about it, the more i enjoy it (not the cake, the trailer).
the addition of the car noise is a good idea, the car itself suggestion of going somewhere - where? - traffic jam - everyone wants to be a musician these days - not enough roads - run out of fuel etc etc. great choice.
i just watched it again and i was thinking to myself the parts where they throw propper wobblers (i think its two men in different parts; they start flailing their arms) should have been the climax to it - but then i think again - no - because it was frustrating to see them at random points and not as the climax. well thought out of you.
the only thing that i would suggest is that smiling woman. i think it'll work better if it is juxtaposed to her doing the opposite. but then that would be predictable. while now its frustrating. dilemma. some kind of thread between these images would be good. say a prop - like a note or something. i would be able to go into depth, but i don't know what happens. but to raise that trailer above the usual unsettling Western/European dream-dramas i suggest some thread weaved between the images, perhaps a quote said at the beginning about dreams said by one of the characters. then we see the consequences. then, at the end, when they throw wobblers - it is said again.
or perhaps even something about the title
ie, husky young voice 'the stranger in the night, just sometimes happens to be you'
or something to that effect. said at beginning and end, by the end we know that its a troubling piece.
i don't know the details of your production so i couldn't possibly comment but i hope this helps.
the cheesecake - oh god, i hate all you can eats. i never know my limits. thats why i aksed if it was about failed dreams - i hate that stuff. if i didn't have such silly ambitions than i would be a perfectly happy guy. instead of constantly trying to eat more cheesecake...and more and more....

Last edited:
Back