How do I imbed a video

First of all, I asked this question long ago...but I can't find the old thread. I apologize.

Secondly, I'm not sure if "imbed" is the right word. I want my homepage to have a quicktime or Windows Media movie playing on it. Like an introduction video. I know how to link to a video and have it play in a program, but I want it to be part of the page. Thanks!

You need to use the:

"embed src" html tags to do that.

Each variety of player has several commands that you can put in the line... adjust size, autostart, etc. Just Google up which one you're wanting to use, to see which parameters you may want to use. :)

Also, you might want to think about having NOTHING on your splash page besides the video. If I go to a site and it doesn't start displaying, then I'm done with it. If I have to wait for a video to load and I can't skip it.. I move to a new page. If I CAN skip it and I like the content of the site, then I'll go back to watch it... Remember that there are millions of users still on dial-up. If they have to download a video before they can get into your site, then they may not wait around...

What about embedding the video in flash? and add a skip feature?

So after I wrote all of that, I went to your site and liked what you did with it... Nice work. It loaded fast for me, on Cable modem. But, I saw the beer, the cigar, then you and the cigar, but where did the beer go?

again... good work!

Yowza... some strongly opinionated comments there.
smiley_mono.gif

I'm glad we don't have posters like that here. :)

Wow- Logan... those guys are :mad:
I liked the concept of explaining the menu bars with video, because it shows exactly what medium the website is promoting!
Don't listen to those geezers over at that other site!

Ben Browder is probably not as well known as he should be... but he was the star of "Farscape", which was a REALLY cool, linear series with a progressive plot... if you like Sci-fi, and get the chance, check it out!

Back