• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Horrors of War - TEASER

[WM]http://www.horrorsofwarmovie.com/video/how_teaser.wmv[/WM]

The new Teaser Trailer for HORRORS OF WAR
1 minute & 30 seconds

MPEG1 (universal format)
http://www.horrorsofwarmovie.com/teaser_mpeg.php

WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER version
http://www.horrorsofwarmovie.com/teaser_windows.php

There is NO STOCK FOOTAGE. Every frame was shot by our crew. We got a lot of great material from the D-Day re-enactment at Conneaut Ohio last September, as well as 16mm footage by Scott Spears from a year before. Shot with 35mm film, 16mm film, and super 8 of varying types. This teaser features primarily unseen footage and presents a first glimpse at the scope of the production. Not much story elements in this, but a lot of action & showing the amount of extras, the quality of work, and the toys we have to play with.

THE COMPLETE LIST OF CAMERAMEN....
Cinematography by Micah Jenkins, Bret Dahlgren, Scott Spears, John Whitney, Gil Whitney, Bill Pivetta, John Fromes, and Miguel Baldoni Olivencia.

FILM TRANSFERS by
www.indie-post.com - Kevin Marck (16mm/35mm)
www.thetransferstation.com - Doug (Super 8)

damnitjim Peter! 'Horrors of War' keeps getting better and better the more I see what you've done! This new teaser is awesome! I can't believe that there's no stock footage... Man... excelent work!

I can't wait for this completion.

stock footage is any clips or film that is open to the public, either for pay or for free. Things like news footage of 9/11 or in this case - World War II footage. We did NOT use stock footage, we shot everything ourselves, but it looks sooooo much like the real thing, I have to differentiate. I'm very proud of what we shot on real film, albeit Super 8 movie film.

sonnyboo said:
stock footage is any clips or film that is open to the public, either for pay or for free. Things like news footage of 9/11 or in this case - World War II footage. We did NOT use stock footage, we shot everything ourselves, but it looks sooooo much like the real thing, I have to differentiate. I'm very proud of what we shot on real film, albeit Super 8 movie film.

ThNX :D

sO how teh hell did u actually do it!? damn thats g00d.

We shot a "D-Day" re-enactment on Lake Erie with 600 WWII re-enactors on the beach. Shooting on Black & WHite actual film helped it look very real.

sonnyboo said:
albeit Super 8 movie film.

Don't go baggin' on us Super-8 newbies, Mr Boo! :lol:

Seiously though, that looked very good.

I am kind of curious though, about how you manage to maintain the project over so long a period. (looks like 18 months at least, just from the info gleaned from this post alone)

Obviously it's an amazing feat to go from shorts to feature... what is it you draw from to keep yourself centered and focused, when an ongoing project looks like it may push 2 years or more?

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished beast :)

Zensteve said:
Seiously though, that looked very good.

I am kind of curious though, about how you manage to maintain the project over so long a period. (looks like 18 months at least, just from the info gleaned from this post alone)

Obviously it's an amazing feat to go from shorts to feature... what is it you draw from to keep yourself centered and focused, when an ongoing project looks like it may push 2 years or more?

Yesterday was the 1 year anniversary from starting the project....

Tenacity melded with obsessive/compulsive behavior? I don't know that I have an answer to the question.

The step between "microcinema", meaning shorts on DV with a budget in the tens of dollars to tens of thousands of dollars for a feature film shot on film... that step is pretty steep.

I want to make feature films, that's why I made short films.. to learn how to tell a story, each building block at a time. There is nothing left for me with short films. I need to tell longer stories in this medium.

* ADDENDUM - I don't want people to misconstrue my words. I am not better than anyone else, I only rate myself on the scale of where I've been, where I am at, and where I am headed. I have learned all I wanted to from the short form and feel prepared to move into the longer, feature length arena of moviemaking.

Last edited:
sonnyboo said:
The step between "microcinema", meaning shorts onDV with a budget in the tens of dollars to tens of thousands of dollars for a feature film shot on film... that step is pretty steep.

I want to make feature films, that's why I made short films.. to learn how to tell a story, each building block at a time. There is nothing left for me with short films. I need to tell longer stories in this medium.
After watching all your shorts, I honestly believe you'll have no problems moving to feature films. Your productions show maturity, wit and a healthy sense of humor. I can't wait to see your name on the silver screen!

Looks Great !

I wan't to see how the Nazi Zombie fighters came into being.
Black eyes makes me think of X files and black oil.

Mike

Hey Sonny, the teaser looks excellent. I was curious, what was your final cost of shooting? As 35mm is sooo expensive, I was wondering also what kind of sponsorship you might have received for this film.

lemme know, ok

loyfilms said:
Hey Sonny, the teaser looks excellent. I was curious, what was your final cost of shooting? As 35mm is sooo expensive, I was wondering also what kind of sponsorship you might have received for this film.

lemme know, ok

I pulled every favor I had to get this shot so far, and it wasn't nearly as expensive as you think. It's expensive in terms of "mini DV, a few hundred dollars", but it's not "sell my house in the hundreds of thousands" either.

We have private investors not sponsers.

Back