??? for Vegas Movie Studio Users

Here is a question for Sony Vegas Movie Studio users:

When I render a project ("Make Movie"), I am limited to choosing from a list of compression "templates" that are available for each movie file type. Does anyone know how to bypass the list of pre-configured templates so that I can manually enter the video and audio compression variables?

Will Vincent said:
What's the difference between Vegas and Vegas Movie Studio? is Movie Studio a cheaper version?

Yes, cheaper. $99. From what I understand, it uses the same basic layout as the full Vegas, only some of the more advanced features are missing, and there are limited number of tracks available for editing.

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for since I am not really sure what you are trying to do, but.....

Under make movie choose save to hard drive, choose "advanced render" from the lower left side. In the new window choose "costum" beside the templete options.

Hope this helps.

Actually my biggest complaint of Vegas movie studio is the weak state of its manual. Its great for folks just starting out or those whose only interest is home video work, but if you are looking to figure out how to work some of its more advanced features... well your just SOL.

Mikey D said:
I am not sure if this is what you are looking for since I am not really sure what you are trying to do, but.....

Under make movie choose save to hard drive, choose "advanced render" from the lower left side. In the new window choose "costum" beside the templete options.

Hope this helps.

Mikey D--That sounds like it should be what I want...but the "Custom" button is grayed out (nothing happens when I click it). Any ideas on how to get the "Custom" option activated so I can use it?

I was going to say the same thing as Mikey D said. If the Custom button is greyed out, maybe it's not actived in the Movie Studio version of the software. Not sure but that's the only thing I can think of because it's active in the normal Vegas program.

hmmmm... very strange..... I haven't actually used the custom feature since the default settings lend themselves nicely to burning to dvd.

My next project is to start playing with codecs and the such. Procastination however has been my motto. All those terms and options tend to cause my brain to liquify and ooze out my ears.

Grrr....

Check out the download section of videohelp.com they've got all the goodies you need to encode video for formats best suited for web use. ;)

There's also a number of how-to guides for pretty much anything video related you're looking to do on that site too.. if you've never been there, check it out and bookmark it, because it's an invaluable resource.

Thanks.

The site looks familiar. I'm sure I have been there before but that was probably before I was ready to deal with all that info. Definitly time for a relook.

Back