Fighting

I do think of myself as a bit of a fighter, but I am afraid that I may lose a fight one day. Any suggestions for preparation?

ok, firstly, gavin in no way do i suggest that you should fight - in my opinion nothing good comes of it, that cannot come from some other way.
something my trainer used to tell me -
the first three punches are always in the head.
fact - if you believe you will lose, you will.
punch 1 - i can do this
punch 2 - i should do this
punch 3 - i will do this

the killer - i am doing this!

but gav, i urge you, fighting is not a good idea at all - put your desire to be victorious through struggle into literature, paint, draw

be a creator, not a killer

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.

-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

I suggest reading it if you haven't. Good book.

:lol:
gav - if you are anywhere near the Midlands, then you better run
(its where the hamsters congregate, i wasn't threatening you.....)

Cool Hand Luke...

Gavin said:
I do think of myself as a bit of a fighter, but I am afraid that I may lose a fight one day. Any suggestions for preparation?

Be like Cool Hand Luke and never give up... Even after the crap's been beaten out of you.

Goes a long way...

filmy

The first rule of Fight Club is - you do not talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is - you DO NOT talk about Fight Club. Third rule of Fight Club, someone yells Stop!, goes limp, taps out, the fight is over. Fourth rule, only two guys to a fight. Fifth rule, one fight at a time, fellas. Sixth rule, no shirt, no shoes. Seventh rule, fights will go on as long as they have to. And the eighth and final rule, if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

Tyler Durden:

gav - if there is a hilton hotel in your city, i recommend joining their gym. they have top equipment, little profile (not like the virgins, llyods etc) - so few people, and staff that are desperate to help.
and cubicle showers. i cannot stress how important that is. i left my last gym when i found out that instead of individual, private showers, in the mens it was one vast shower chamber.
i'll never forget the day that we all forgot our soaps, bar one man.
its was a free for all.....still, i got clean in places i could not reach on my own (that part of the back)

First, I don't advocate fighting. Its not worth it unless someone is coming at you.

In which case there are no rules. Go for the jewels.

Losing a fight, or at least getting knocked around a bit, can be a good thing.

As my friend said after he was attacked by a crazy homeless guy in milwaukee, "sometimes it's good to get punched in the face. it makes everything clear."

Gavin,
This is a strange question you pose. I for one choose not to fight. I mean if I have to, I will but a lot of time words put fear in the soul of the other and they do not fight. If it comes to fighting, you better fight for your life. If you can't get them down within 2 or 3 punches then it's not worth it. You fight for your life, and you better put your soul into it.

If you cannot work out the problem with words and it ends up into physical attack then you have to end it, and end it NOW. Your life depends on it.

1. Whack them in the throat.
2. Whack them in the balls (if male I assume)
3. Kick them in the face
4. should be over, if not, repeat steps 1-3

If you have a weapon, like a pipe or stick or bat
1. Whack them in the shin. I mean HARD... Break that mother!!!
2. If not on the ground, whack him in the balls
3. Kick to the face.

That's it.. I mean if it comes to fighting, then it's for life and you better protect yours. It's them or you and you better get that in your head. Nothing like, well I don't know if I can do it, or maybe I shouldn't hit too hard... Will they pull punches and that that for you? HELL NO
3 or 4 attacks from you and you can walk away. Done.

Before the fight, things to say to your oponent so it won't come to blood:
"If you want to start it then that's fine, but I WILL finish it. I'm serious, I will finish it."

I was going to come up with more but I actually have used that many times and it worked. Dude still called me out, we met at the place and he chumped out. I was ready, but the words "I WILL finish it" seemed to stick in their head. He was bigger, stronger, and had more friends but I was there and I WOULD HAVE FINISHED IT! If it came to it. BAM! Done...

If you're fighting with friends then use your arms to block and your fists to punch...
face, face, body, face, body, body, body, face. You're not trying to kill your friend and he's not going to try and kill you. Some friends and I had to knock some sence into another friend. We just kicked his ass. We weren't trying to leave him in the gutter bleeding. Just had to let him know that he was about to make the BIGGEST mistake of his life, we all saw it and we straight told him... 8 of us... straight told him that if he is still going to do it, we're gonna kick his ass... Well, he said, then let's go.. and we did... and when it was done we all went in the house together. All of us.

For real...
Don't fight...

Back