Top Sheets

When using a program like Movie Magic Budgeting, I have noticed that there are a lot of values that need to be added in order to put a good top sheet together. When doing research to find out what these movie professionals charge for their services, along with the cost for things like make up, special effects, laboratory, etc., where can one find the necessary information? :huh:

When using a program like Movie Magic Budgeting, I have noticed that there are a lot of values that need to be added in order to put a good top sheet together. When doing research to find out what these movie professionals charge for their services, along with the cost for things like make up, special effects, laboratory, etc., where can one find the necessary information?

It's actually not that complicated. It's like any other project, you figure out what work you need doing to get the film done. You call people who provide those services, tell them what you want and ask them to provide a quote for the job.

Most production managers keep a copy of an industry directory. In the UK it's called Kays Directory and cost about £80. But if you want to do it cheaper you can either ask other local filmmakers who they use (Always a good plan) or check out the listings in Mandy.

So you think that you are going to need an armourer for three days and that you'll need two AK47s and three M16's, so you call up the armourers that you've found, tell them your needs and ask them to e-mail you a quote.

Just remember to add between 10-15% of your total budget on for contingencies (Trust me on this one)

Back