Dov's 2 day

I'm going to Dov's two day film school and I was wondering if anyone ever went to it and if so, what exactly (besides what it says on his website) does he teach and how was it?

I've heard it's a tough two days to sit through... in that his personality is rather... erm.. abrasive. But I didn't go to it.. Just got home from Boston, where I was at the Action/Cut seminar with Guy Magar though, that was worthwhile. I'll be posting a full review on it shortly. By the way, I see you're from Minnesota, nice to see another 'sotan here .. :welcome:

Must not be looking too hard, they're available many places, like here

And, no.. not necessarily, because at the actual class you have access to the person teaching it to ask them questions, and network with the other students. Let me reiterate the most important nugget of info there... NETWORK WITH THE OTHER STUDENTS

Quoting Robert Rodriguez's 10-minute Film School:

Okay, so you wanna be a film-maker?
(Class choruses 'YES')
Wrong! You ARE a film-maker. The moment you think about that you want to be a film-maker you're that. Make yourself a business card that says you're a film-maker, pass them out to your friends, soon as you get that over with and you've got it in your mind that you're one you'll be one, you'll start thinking like one. Don't dream about being a film-maker, you are a film-maker. Now let's get down to business.

http://www.geomatics.kth.se/sjoberg/homepage/10minutes.htm

Back