Lenses Needed!

Hello Fellow Indies!

Here's the thing...
I need to find a Wide-Angle, a Tele-photo, and filter kit for my beloved Panasonic PV-42 VHS-C Camcorder!

The camera is 14 years old as is the owner's manual, in which Panasonic is offering these very items! Obviously, the folks at Panasonic have short memories and don't even remember this camera! So naturally the afore-mentioned lenses are no longer available from Panasonic. :grumpy:

So...

I suppose I could start searching for the afore-mentioned lenses from some other company. :rolleyes:

But...

I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out the proper interior diameter of the mount so I can order the correct lenses. Does anyone have any idea what is the proper size I need? :huh:
Here is the info that surrounds the lens housing...

X8 OPTICAL LENS 6-48MM 1:1.4 M37 P=0.75MM

I'm sure you can see how confusing this is! I can mount the new lens etc. on or behind the hood.

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks SO Much!
-HAWKEYE

www.Tiffen.com is a popular place to buy filters from. They have a lot of them.

I usually end up at the local Ritz Camera store, though. You can bring your camera in, if you are in doubt of the correct size. (They seem to have a permanent "Buy 2, get 1 free" thing going... at my local one, anyway.

If you are not sure what kind of filters to be looking at, SonnyBoo has a neat article on them located here. Very handy if you are not sure what kind to be getting first.

The 48MM is your thread size. :)

er... 48mm?

The lens side of the hood is 38.1mm
The larger diameter of the hood is 44.45

How does the 48mm measurement figure in here?

-HAWKEYE

It means I had too much :beer: before responding.

If you look at your lens there will be a number, straight after a zero with a slash through it. (Hopefully).

Nope...
Nothing directly on the lens surround!

But, I did do this... I measured the outter diameter of the hood and came up with 38.1mm

Wait! It get's even more confusing! :-}

I had a step ring with a 37mm inner-diameter, and the hood screwed right into it beautifully!
Ok... So what does this mean? I get a measurement of 38.1mm and it fits perfectly into a 37mm ring. Do they "round down" in the camera world?

I'm figuring that I have a 37mm lens.

-HAWKEYE

Correct...
The OD of the hood coinsides with the ID of the lens surround.
The measurement I get is 38.1mm

But, a 37mm OD lens fits perfectly into the ID of the lens surround.

Meaning of course that there is actually no chocolate in Bosco syrup!
It's all corn syrup, leading one to once again question the over-all meaning of life!
We all have to believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer!

BTW... I am convinced I have a 32 inch waist, but why does my underwear say 38?!

Back