Still Digital Camera Question

Yesss, hard-core film user slowly discovering the joys (and aggravations) of digital. I've just received a second hand Vivitar 3705 from a friend. I was also given the disc, which contained the driver and Arcsoft software. However the software was for the model Vivicam 3350, I downloaded it all and figured I could get the driver for the 3705 at the Vivitar website...which I did. Took some pictures, connected the camera via a USB cable to my pc. All I'm getting is 'connecting to computer', nothing else happens. I'm totally confused.

I went to Vivitar and Microsoft both and they suggest buying a card for the camera. Any ideas?

Are you using Windows XP? If so, you should be able to double-click on My Computer and locate an icon for your camera as a connected device. Double-click on the camera icon and it should read the camera as if it were a remote drive. The pic files should show up in the window, and you can then copy them over to your PC hard drive. This should work as long as the USB connection works sucessfully. Wndows XP is designed so that it knows how to recognize just about any camera without needing any software/drivers/install CDs.

Thanks John. I have Win98 so I had to install the driver from the Vivitar site. I'll have to putz around some more, see if something happens. Hmmm, maybe a good hammering will make it work.:D

Back