Legitimate Camera Websites?

I was wondering if this website royalcamera.com is a legitimate camera place because some of their prices are crazy. if so how can they sell them for so cheap?

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1895.html

Lifetime rating 1.93 out of 10

"This was hands down the worst experience I have ever had in purchases anything anywhere. You would get better treatment and more honest salesmen if you were purchasing a camera in a third world country. It was like a scene out of a bad movie. After 2 hours of getting the run around on the phone and getting transfered to what appeared to be 9 different people I demanded to speak to a manager....."

This is typical for those *amazing* deals you find on froogle or other price services. They often deal in grey market goods that come with no warrantee, and/or come with no accessories even battery chargers. In the end you will end up paying MORE for the same than if you had ordered from adorama or B&H. I have found, that unless inheriting from a reliable friend as used equipment, there is no more inexpensive and reassuring method of buying merchandise than buying from B&H. Their prices are usually as low as it gets too.

Caveat Emptor - always check resellerratings.

RoyalCamera own a few other sites, as well.

There are several threads on the board about experiences with RC. I'll summarise quickly with "not with a 10-foot barge pole".

:)

Back