I'm also new (not just following a trend)

Hey, my name is Logan, and I've just had the time to post now, so.... Hello.
Geez- what can I say.. well, uh, I like movies. I watched Jacob's Ladder last night for the first time in years, and I watched SAW a few nights ago (worst movie I ever SAW).
Ok- ok, I'm not going to blaber about useless movies... I guess I'll introduce myself.
I live in Toronto, and I'm an usher at a theatre. A few years back, a bunch of friends of mine and I got together and started making movies. We made two short films based on Shakespeare's plays, King Lear and Hamlet, for school. For the past three years though, we've been putting together a feature film based on MacBeth for our own enjoyment. It's called Macbeth 3000: This time, it's personal. It''s a comedy-action flick set in modern times, adapted to our politics, but sustaining Shakespearian concepts. Think Bond film meets Monty Python, meets Van Damme. It's 2 hours long, it's shot on DV, and it's coming out Juneish.
If you want to check out a trailer, you must be a Premiere Member to post links to trailers, and they must be in Screening Room. We're really going for the gold with this one, and we've got a lot of positive feedback. If anyone is in the Toronto area (or are really rich and like to travel... see the CN tower, stay at the Royal York, see many interesting furry animals, like the majestic moose... a moose once bit my sister... oh I love the grail), please tell your friends and family, and check our site for updates. I myself am going to try and put up an unoffical Macbeth site soon, that will contain more information about the film, yadda yadda yadda.
If anyone has any questions, I'd love to answer them at god_of_wine007@hotmail.com
And I mean ANY questions. I enjoy emails. I also enjoy cheesecake.
Thank you for listening, I feel somewhat ashamed plugging Macbeth in my first post here, but sometimes I can't help myself. It's exciting, check it out. Please.... PLEASE GOD PLEASE..
ahem.
Thank you again.

-Logan-

Welcome to the board, wow i just watched your tralier, that was sweet, how did you guys get a budget for that. Good work. Let us know when we can check it out.

Budget

20,000 dollars between 5-10 people. Harmeet (our sound guy) ofen used his dad's debit card. Eventually, he became our executive producer.
The lights were donated by Harmeet's grandparents (who used to be photographers)
Most of the costumes were goodwill. Or some of us sacrificed wardrobes.
The dollys were old wheelchairs, or a PVC home-made track on skateboard wheels and plywood.
The camera was MINI-DV, and cost $1,100.
Locations were donated by either the school, people's houses, Cooper Lighting (Snowball's dad went in to work on weekends when noone was there, and the preisdent of the company very graciously let us film there)
Actors were not paid- they were merely friends. In fact, most were'nt even actors.
The cars you see are our own.
It was also filmed over 2 years, so all of our part-time jobs went into the movie. We've spent a lot of time and money, but it's gonna be done for June.
I just talked to Harmeet, and he's done sound effects, Geoff is done editing and FX, now Harmeet has a cue list and is ready to start writing the score. It's gonna be cool. Now we're looking to advertise and promote... any suggestions?
BTW- thanks for watching and supporting it, it means a lot to know other independant's out there are on the same page.

-Logan-

:welcome: To Indietalk, Logan!

Wow, quite the filmography already. I, too, enjoy the occassional slice of cheesecake. Your sister got that close to a Moose? :weird:

Interesting :)

Any plans to do frame rate manipulation of some sort? What camera did you guys shoot with?

Well, she was carving her intitials in the side of the moose with the sharp end of toothbrush, which was given to her by her cousin in Oslo, who happens to be a dentist....

ack, can't remember anymore... havent seen the grail in years...

welcome to indietalk spatula!! its about time we had some more open monty fans. i think some people are still in the closet on this one. nathan barley!!!! nathan barley!!!there was a Liverpool based drama on a modern day Macbeth set inside a drug gang - shocking stuff (in a bad way - eg MacDuff to Macca etc). i look forward to hearing more.

Q + A qith Geoff

Thanks for being so welcoming, folks. Nice to know there are good people in the world (I'm an usher at a theatre that has subscribers, AKA 65+ senior citizens who hate life, and right now we have a play made by black women {Da Kink In My Hair} and let me tell you, we've had some interesting incidents from some ex-plantation owners, etc.... actually, the worst case was from a black guy who called a brown usher rascist when he told him to stop shouting bad things about white people during the play.... funny how these rascist things work sometimes...)

ANYWAY... I didn't know I wasn't allowed to post a link to the website, so if you want to see our trailer, I'm afraid you're just going to have to imagine it in your head- but trust me, it's good. I'd get a premiere membership, but I think rent is more important at the moment. I guess this just reinforces the whole "you need money to make money" and "you need experience to get experience thing". Man- if only my parents had been rich, I'd be making big money off films by now... sheesh... Ah, what am I complaining about, you guys are lovely. In fact, so lovely I sent an email to our director for a little Q + A (to answer some techincal questions about our movie) So here it is, my Q + A with Geoff:

Q+A:

What camera did we use?

A Sony Mini-DV camcorder, I'm not sure of the model but I can check when I'm home.

What is frame rate manipulation and are we using it?

29.97, this is number, I am not 100% sure on the number, except for %100, I'm 100% sure that's the percentage of me not being sure

What is a movie?

A movie is moving pictures. Our movie can also be called a talkie.

What kind of software are we using? (editing, fx, compiling, poopy wise)

Editing is Adobe Premire 6.5, AlamDv and Chromanator for FX, Microsoft Paint for all the hard effects (don't tell Harmeet), and Harmeet is using some crazy sound editing programs because he's brown

What is the running time?

Running is expected to change a bit (smaller) in the next few days, right now 2 hours

Will the movie be available online? ... heehhe... yeah right...

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NO Captain Murphy

Why?

do we exist? Let me tell you my good friend, we exist for popcorn. The Indians made corn like us, and we pop it. Jesus missed this point, thats too bad.

So there- hopefully, that answered your questions Shaw. Anyway- got to go...
We've got into the top ten list for FX home in the archives!!! Wahoo! I have to go celebrate with a little drinkie drinkie and then make a talkie... lol...

-Logan-

Back