Movie & Doc about Saudi Arabia

Hello all,

Sorry to bother you but I figured releasing steam here would be healthy as I'm sure many of you must have gone through the same things I'm going through.

I've got 2 projects that I have been dying to do but couldn't do them due to the lack of finance which is the result of 2 other problems, no formal experience and lack of interest in ideas.

My ideas r both related to Saudi Arabia and the war of terrorism and are both share the basic idea. The only difference is that one is a movie and the other is a documentary.

Here is a summery of both idea to see what you people think about them.

A Saudi Life: Now this is an idea of a movie that follows a group of teens as they grow up in Saudi Arabia as friends but start to take different paths that results in completely different belief systems, fundumilist, moderate and liberal. It follows how they were raised and learned and what effected them.

Saudi Arabia "Fundulism, Modernism, Liberalism": This is a documentary that is based on interviews with different people of Saudi Arabia of different backgrounds and beliefs and try to see how the Saudi people think and why and how diverse they are.

Well hope this wasn't boring.

They both have pretty common themes, so why not combine the best elements of each and do a film (based on a true story) that revolves around the aspects you want to talk about?

I picked up "Osama" the other day. (The one about the Afghan girl, not the Bin Laden guy). Stories like that, and "Rabbit-Proof Fence" are pretty inspiring, while at the same time examining past (and current) events in parts of the world that not many Westerners know about.

Have you been to Saudi Arabia, btw? I would imagine it would be pretty difficult to put together a project that focuses on peoples' closely-held convictions and how they developed that way, without having lived amongst the population for a while.

Lots and lots of research. :)

Back