Looking for car sound effects

We've been using several sound libraries for various projects, but we have a limited selection of automobile sound effects.

Can anyone recommend a two to three disc series of car effects? Racing engines, screeching tires, race track fx, etc.

I'd rather not go with a 600 dollar set like this one (http://www.sound-ideas.com/20th.html), if all I need is the car disc.

Maybe try some of the online Flash support websites? FlashKit.com is just one of many.

They have copyright-free SFX that users can upload and download. It's hit & miss whether you'll find exactly what you need (and quality can vary), but I've found a lot of useful things there over time.

There are several good SFX CDs that you can pick up from larger record stores, like Tower & Virgin. They usually run about $5 a pop. Two-thirds of the titles will be Halloween-themed, but they also carry a lot of general effects. I have about 8 general ones that way. The big problem is that technically most are not copyright/royalty free.

Did you look at any of the other kits that Sound-Ideas have? I bought their first "Flash kit" several years ago for like $50 or so. It had a zillion sounds on it (single disc). I don't see that specific one listed there anymore, but they do have other web-oriented bundles for cheaper prices that may well have what you need on it.

Thanks for the input!

I'll contact Sound Ideas to see if they have anything that will work.

Sound Dogs looks like a good resource. Buying a la carte might be a cost-efficient way to go.

I have a few halloween discs - and it cracks me up that they're not for professional use. I guess they're imagining folks cutting together home movies or their own spooky sounds tapes for fun.

Hey steve.. Can you link that site with the bluescreened explosions. I wanted to download some of those. i dont have a full version of afterburn for max and/or 900 bucks to purchase it.

thanks.

Back