New to Boards

Hi,
I found this site in my Filmmaking for DUmmies book and thought i would check it out. i want to get into making movies but I have no money. I figured since I cannot make movies why not talk to people who do. Looking forward to Posting woth ya's.

Moviemaker18 :pop:

Welcome Moviemaker18! Just to let you know, you can often find ways to make movies with little or no money. I have use of a 3-CCD camera, an editing station, a studio, and broadcast facilities, all courtesy of the local cable access TV studio. Most cable TV companies have a policy where they'll train you in how to use the equipment for little or no charge.

Then, once you create something, you have the option to have it broadcast on the public access channel, or use it for whatever you want.

That's one way to get started!

Bob

Hey Moviemaker18, welcome you came to the right place. BOB thats a good suggestion, also thinkl about your local PBS staion alot of time they have internship programs that pay. And you have access to all there equipment. When I worked for the PBS staion out here I had shot gun mics, wirless mics, beta cams, and light kits. Little by little and remember it's all about the story. Have fun.

moviemaker18 said:
Hi,
I found this site in my Filmmaking for DUmmies book and thought i would check it out. i want to get into making movies but I have no money. I figured since I cannot make movies why not talk to people who do. Looking forward to Posting woth ya's.

Moviemaker18 :pop:

welcome! take the advice given, this forum is VERY helpful!

MrBobTV said:
Just to let you know, you can often find ways to make movies with little or no money.

This is so very very true. :yes:

It's the story that's important in the end... and you don't need a tonne of fancy gear to write with.

Obviously, the end viewed result will look a lot more polished with access to great equipment... but no amount of top-natch cameras and other luxuries will save a crappy storyline.

_______

moviemaker18, I think you'll find it easier to start making a few shorts than you may think. :)

What part of filmmaking are you interested in, in particular? Or still deciding?
smiley_moore.gif

Thanks MrBob I will look into that. Zen I do not really have a favorite part. I am in to screenwriting and I think I would like directing. I have no experience at any of them but I hope to soon. How about you?

hey moviemaker18! funny, i just found this site and youre first post sounds exactly like me. so thanks cuz when youre getting advice, so am i. perfect.

IndieNoob said:
cuz when youre getting advice, so am i.

That rings true for most people here, no matter how long they've been here.

There is always something to learn, given the wide range of experience that IndieTalk members have. Amateurs to Pros... (also talentless hacks, such as myself)

Shared experiences, asked questions, trial & error, well-wriiten articles on certain topics, critiques on material presented...

There's something here for everyone. :cool:

Back