• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Toa Toa Maori Nesian Dance Champs

Hey Jonathan,

I downloaded Flatmates yesterday, it was great to hear that Kiwi accent again.

Do you know any other NZ filmmakers who have websites? (Besides Unkreative, I already know about theirs)

Cheers,

Clifford

I was expecting some sweet haka action
smiley_fatcat.gif

Nonetheless, very good. No idea how people manage to do all those moves.

You mention doing music videos on your website... how is the NZ music scene coming along? Keeping you busy?

Zensteve said:
how is the NZ music scene coming along? Keeping you busy?

I've just started up, I'm aiming at the groups that can't get funding from local creative bodies... it's going pretty well, got a few things happening at the moment. Trying to keep the cost low, but the production values high... it's proving to be quite rewarding.

How's it like in other parts of the world? The government has grants that are distributed via creative outlets within New Zealand but unfortunatey you have to be an established artist to actually get any funding. This leaves a vastly untapped talented resource that can't easily get exposure.

Jonathan said:
I've just started up, I'm aiming at the groups that can't get funding from local creative bodies... it's going pretty well, got a few things happening at the moment. Trying to keep the cost low, but the production values high... it's proving to be quite rewarding.

How's it like in other parts of the world? The government has grants that are distributed via creative outlets within New Zealand but unfortunatey you have to be an established artist to actually get any funding. This leaves a vastly untapped talented resource that can't easily get exposure.

I really don't know a lot about getting grants or funding, over here. (Pseudo-serious hobbyist)

I do know, that a few years back, a lot of private funding dried up when it lost tax write-off elegibility.

Could be worse though, in NZ. I read a while back that the NZ Film Commision was effectively shutting down, in regards to foreign film production help. Hard to make a case to the NZ taxpayer, to take all the risk involved... possibly lose all monies at worst, and at best receive a simple return. (No profit on the risks)

I might still have the newspaper clipping, where it was announced that LOTR (part one) was going to be the final film to benefit from NZ's production policy at the time. (Obviously it has been rethought and adjusted, with the success of that)

I'm starting to waffle now. :)

_______

When I left NZ, Split Enz had broken up a year earlier... DD Smash was somehow selling albums... The Cramps were kicking butt over in Europe.

Good times. :yes:

Back