• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

www.cliffordhoeft.com

Hi,

My name is Clifford Hoeft, I am currently developing a website to promote the work of independent filmmakers. I focus mainly on low-budget/no-budget productions as well as fan films.

I am always looking for new filmmakers to feature at my website so if anyone is interested please post a link to your filmmaking website in this forum topic.

Regards,

Clifford

Hey Clifford,

First off :welcome: !

I was suprise to see Return to the Woods(My Evil Dead tribute film for those that havn't seen) on your site! :D WOW! Thanks so much, I had no idea you posted it up there in the links. I have more films out now, and if you want to do an interview or feature any of the newest films, Voice of the Dead, Curse of the Invisible Man or the film noir serial NIGHTBEAT just shoot me a PM or email. All can be found on my site here. We'll work something out. You really know how to design a banner that's for sure. ;)

Last edited:
Hi there HailtotheKing (Cohen?),

It took me a little while to find this topic again, I posted in the networking section which I assumed was for networking but it got moved to this area (Classified Ads?).

Anyway I really enjoyed your Evil Dead tribute Return to the Woods, I am really surprised that there are not more Evil Dead fan films out there. By co-incidence I have already downloaded Nightbeat and hope to feature it soon. I could not find the links to download Curse of the the Invisible Man or Voice of the Dead is there any chance you could PM the links to me?

Also I would love to get an interview with you to include with the feature.

Cheers,

Clifford

Yes, it was moved, you are promoting your website. Good luck :)

Does this mean that if I ask for filmakers to give links to their films without mentioning my website then it is not considered promoting my website?

Cliff,

Yep it's me Cohen. :) Voice of the Dead isn't online anymore. Curse of the Invisible Man is still up and the link can be found right here. Also you can find the poster there too. ;) I'd love to do an interview with you for the films. If you want to interview any of the stars of NIGHTBEAT or Invisible Man just let me know and I can get them in contact with you. Also I have a NIGHTBEAT poster that's almost finished up that you can use as well. Hope to hear from you soon...

Hi Steve,

How are things going? I am still waiting eagerly for the next installment of The Portal, any news on when it will be available?

Clifford

I just filmed a lot of footage for part two of episode ten, today. I'll probably finish filming part two, tomorrow and, hopefully, have it up in a week or two. It's going to be several months before the entire episode is finished, though.

Hey Steve,

It's great to hear you are making progress, are you releasing the episodes in parts?

Cohen,

I'll just have to content myself with your other films in the meantime.

Regards,

Clifford

Yep, I'm releasing current episodes in parts, until they're finished. After that, the entire episode is released. That way, people don't have to wait for the whole episode.

Steve,

That first segment has some of the most complex animations I have seen in your series to date, well done, you are really making progress in this area.

Your greenscreen keying also seems a lot sharper too. I am still amazed that you do this with a webcam.

Now that I have seen these parts I can't wait for more. I am excited to see what will happen when they eventually 'Fold'.

Keep up the good work,

Clifford

Poke said:
Clifford, are you interested in all indie films or primarily fan films? The reason I ask is because most of the films I see on your site are fan films.

Anyway, here's a link to Sometimes They Come Loose.

Poke

Hi Poke,

I am interesting in all films, I just have separate categories for the fan films to make them easier to find. If you take a look at the Independent Film links you will see that there are quite a few there, I think have about 60 fan films and 50 independent filmmakers listed so far.

Thanks for the link to the Creative Name Filmgroup website, I am downloading Sometimes They Come Loose now.

Regards,

Clifford

Hi Poke,

Sometimes They Come Loose is a very enthralling and well crafted film, I really enjoyed it. When the film switched to the dual monitors it was vaguely reminiscent of THX 1138 , I almost expected to hear someone say "What's wrong?".

The colour treatment certainly enhanced the feeling of uneasiness that was projected through the use of the long still shots, the burned out look and limited colour palette gave a real suggestion that something was not right with the reality that was being portrayed.

The use of liquid in this film is very well managed especially with the key shot of the milk? slowly spilling over the grout line between the tiles and advancing towards the main characters leg, it definitely grounded the viewer in the idea that this scenario was a staged event of which the main character was oblivious. The liquid also played a very important role in establishing a disquiet that is generated by a repetitive sound such as that produced by the dripping tap.

I could analyse this film to death but all that really matters to me in the end is that I was entertained by a film which was also thought-provoking.

I can't wait to see more.

Regards,

Clifford

Back