• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch YOU ARE ALONE trailer

Looks like more of a teaser than a trailer.. since it didn't really tell me anything about the film. Nice looking site though. Do you offer a flash-free version for people without flash?

Looks great. I really want to see this movie. The image of someone lying naked on a bathroom floor has always been for me one of the saddest images I can imagine.

By the way, whenver linking to material, please specify if the material contains any content that is either disturbing or adult oriented.

Poke

Sorry about that...didn't know about the Adult Content warning thing. Thanks for adding it to my post.

And yes, this first trailer is a tease. I wanted something for the site. Now that the picture is locked, I have more time to come up with my 2 minute version which tells the story. That'll be coming soon.

As for the non-Flash version...no, we're only offering this one version of the site at this point. I will mention it though to my programmer, to see if it's not a back-breaker.

It looks intriguing. Yeah, I'd say it's more of a teaser than a trailer. Minor observation...one part where the girl says something, the singing kind of steps on it. I'm sure I'll catch what she said on the next viewing. But it really looks great. Jeez Gorman, where do you keep getting all those cute girls for your movies? LOL

When's it due to be released, and will you have a local premiere? I remember reading about the filming late last year in the New Haven Advocate. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Well you've got my attention. I don't need to know a thing more about the film... I want to see it. The song used really set the mood. So much so I just purchased Miss Baskette's album.

I passed the word on to TY that she sold another CD...she wrote 6 originals for me. They're perfect film songs, as many are under a minute long. Her CD is great!

As for a local premiere...I certainly hope so. Right now it's nail biting time as I have the locked cut out to a bunch of festivals. We plan on doing the final mix and color correction come March.

It was shot on miniDV.

The DVX-100a, in 24p.

What you're seeing right now is direct from the Avid, no color correction, no effects, nothing.

Keep us posted on when we can see it locally...of course you'll be showing at Film Fest New Haven, I hope. But seeing it earlier would be much better, too.

And your next film is gonna be a comedy? THAT is something I really want to know about!

Bob

Teaser/trailer looks very well done, and managed to deliver a lot of emotion and feeling to it without giving a lot away. Actually, it didn't really tell anything... but the images/clips selected (and the way they were presented) were enough to come across as somewhat disturbing.

Such sad singing, too. :(

The website was pretty neat too. The only thing I did not like, was having some of the links open up in new windows. I just like sites that are self-contained.

MrBobTV said:
Keep us posted on when we can see it locally...of course you'll be showing at Film Fest New Haven, I hope. But seeing it earlier would be much better, too.

And your next film is gonna be a comedy? THAT is something I really want to know about!

Will do...however, don't know if you saw in yesterday's Register...there might not be another Film fest New Haven...

The next feature is based on my first novel, THE SECOND GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD. A story line guaranteed to piss people off!

SecondGreatest.com

As for the teaser...I was definitely trying to make you think it's one thing at first (i.e., a sexual thriller)...until you start listening to the song, and get to the images at the end, and then you realize this is something different.

I set out to make one of the most depressing films of all time.

It's close.

Liked the treaser (maybe your giving too much away for a teaser, how about that haunting song and blank screen? slowly fading into girl/action even fast cuts, shake it up a little slow/fast/fast/fast/slow or is that the quick-step?)
I love the DVX too (banging fist's on the floor, wwwhhhyyy no interchangable lens? waaa)
Not checked out site yet but will do. Keep up the good work and be lucky.
J.P.

Last edited:
Gorman, wow I didn't hear that...I missed the Register yesterday. That'd be sad if FFNH goes away. I guess the CT Filmmaker's Fest is already gone, since is usually happens this time of year and the web site (filmfest.org) doesn't mention anything about it. Too bad.

Second Greatest sounds like it'll make a cool movie. Is it impossible to get a copy of the book anywhere?

MrBobTV said:
Gorman, wow I didn't hear that...I missed the Register yesterday. That'd be sad if FFNH goes away. I guess the CT Filmmaker's Fest is already gone, since is usually happens this time of year and the web site (filmfest.org) doesn't mention anything about it. Too bad.

Second Greatest sounds like it'll make a cool movie. Is it impossible to get a copy of the book anywhere?

Yes, I think the CT filmmaker fest is history.

Here's the piece:

Film fest Battered...

As for a copy of Second Greatest, you can usually find one that won't break the bank on Half.com

Back