Alexander: Was it really that bad?

I haven’t seen it yet. I really – really want to though. I’m a big Oliver Stone fan. He seems too smart to make a bad movie, I think. Have any of you seen Alexander? If so, was it really as bad as the critics are saying it is?

-----------------------------

Just saw Alexander, and the answer is now NO!
http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=5706

Last edited:
it can't be that bad, i want to see it. As I was just talking about, it has Colin Farrell, Jared Leto and Angelina Jolie in it, if anything, it will be sexy

Dimp Paddy said:
it can't be that bad, i want to see it. As I was just talking about, it has Colin Farrell, Jared Leto and Angelina Jolie in it, if anything, it will be sexy

I second that.. even if incredibly boring.. they could make anything sexy.. they could make mcdonalds sexy.

haha.. it's funny that you're like one of the only people here who knows that just isn't so..

Anyway.. I think when it's something of such epic proportions as this is.. it's bound to not live up to the expectations of some.. it's expected.

Mr.Blonde said:
Haha.. they could make your mum sexy.

er.....i think we've fallen off topic.
and besides leto is not sexy, he is too pretty, he has an androginous quality to him, call me old fashioned but when i'm with a man i like to have something manly to grab onto (like a beard for example :blush: ), not some skin like silk so sensous to slide your hand across, chills form from your feet and grow to engulf your body, but not your desire, nothing can eat that.
all 3 of these people are grossly unsexy in my book. being attractive to the eye and sexy are totally different. leto is attractive to the eye, the other two are not for me, but admittedly, its all subjective.
jolie reminds me of my mum too much (big lips and bits, to put it crudely yet in rhyme)
farrel - sexy? he looks like an angry puppy with a stupid beard. sexy this aint.

okay okay, back on topic, to whoever's seen this, is it like Troy?

[SIZE=-2]don't shoot me but i actually liked Troy...[/SIZE]

!!!Attention Australians and Brits!!!

You might have read the memo...This forum has an Instant Message feature.

Anyway, I don't think anyone really knocked Alexander for the looks of the actors, but for the acting itself...and the writing, directing, and general pretention. I have not seen it, but this is what people were griping about.

Poke

Back